Massively is an enthusiast blog focused on the massively multiplayer genre of online gaming. In addition to providing the latest MMO-related news, we produce informative and entertaining editorials, guides, features, livestreams, podcasts, and more, all from writers dedicated to playing and writing about MMOs and multiplayer online video games. The blog was founded in November of 2007 as part of the Joystiq network, which also includes Joystiq and WoW Insider. We pride ourselves on upholding a strict set of ethical standards that aren't found at traditional games media outlets. We don't accept stipends or travel expenses from game studios, we don't do score-based reviews, and we don't control advertising or giveaways (AOL's ad team does).
We are not currently hiring and cannot accept unpaid submissions, so please don't send unsolicited resumes. All other inquiries can be made via our tip box rather than to our contracted writers. Head to our community page for questions about our commenting system, code of conduct, and how you can follow Massively around the web.
- Are you hiring? How would I go about getting hired on Massively?
- Where else can I follow Massively's writers around the web?
- What sort of ethical policies does Massively follow? What's this about a yacht?
- Hey, giveaways are back, sort of -- what's up with that?
- How can I send good tips? Why didn't you run my tip? And what tips aren't useful?
- Why doesn't Massively do formal reviews with stars and stuff? What about re-reviews?
- Your linking system is annoying!
- Who handles comment moderation, and how do featured comments work?
- How can I help beat down the trolls in the comments?
- How do you decide which games to cover and what news is worth running?
- How do you decide what's an MMO?
- How can I tell whether an article is an opinion/editorial and not factual facts?
- Why don't you just force developers to give interviews?!
- How can I customize my Massively RSS feed?
- What game is in that one screenshot?
- Why won't you cover emulators?
- Why do you cover World of Warcraft and Diablo III?
- How are games selected for the Week in Review and Betawatch?
- How can I adjust the site's white background for night reading?
- Do the writers read comments? How can I submit a correction?
- Before March 2014, you used to run a thing I liked. What happened to it?
Posted on Mar 8th 2014 4:00PM
Posted on Mar 8th 2014 1:00PM
Posted on Mar 8th 2014 12:00PM