Ground targets have been redesigned as a collection of smaller parts rather than a single objective, meaning that attack aircraft pilots now must account for things like AA guns, ship towers, tank squads, and buildings when planning their approach.
The 1.5 patch has also added a new map called Canyon that offers "a mix between Asian Border and Fjords. There's more to the update, but you'll need to visit the official WoWP website to read about it.
You can read the full blurb after the break.
[Source: Wargaming press release]
Do you not need more tanks? That's all right. The update also includes two new maps with weather conditions as well as the new Platoon battle format. The former gives you more places for your tanks to do whatever tanks do (arrange decorative flower garlands), whilst the latter offers a chance for organized team play with pre-made groups, a mode that the developers will be watching closely to determine the optimal size. Red Steel Rain goes live on August 12th.
[Source: Wargaming.net press release]
Various War Thunder devs explain how this relates to the WWII flight sim's matchmaking mechanics, too, and they also address several other questions pulled from community members and social media channels. You can watch the full clip after the cut.
If any of these creations are selected by Gaijin for inclusion in the game's 1.43 update, the authors "will receive reasonable reward." You can read a more detailed FAQ on the initiative at the game's official website. We've also embedded a video dev diary with more details after the break.
Elsewhere in the War Thunder universe, Gaijin is running a "Summertime Madness" promotion this weekend that features bonus RP gains and 30 percent vehicle discounts.
Starting Friday, August 8th, you can enjoy said access for free through Monday August 11th. Veteran membership grants a 25 percent XP boost, 50 percent credit and warfund boosts, a 25 percent ribbon XP boost, and more.
If you're already a vet, Reto-Moto is adding 72 hours to your membership!
Strongholds are a new game mode in which players can lay out a virtual base and fight over it. If a clan can upgrade its base enough, it will be treated to limited-time bonuses that will cover all clan members across the game.
Update 9.2 also comes with eight reworked maps, more medal achievements, HD upgrades to a few tanks, and the Fire Arc battle arena. Check out what 9.2 has to offer in the update video after the break.
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Launches, New Titles, Patches, Previews, PvP, News Items, War, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, World of Tanks, Not So Massively, MOBA, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Shroud of the Avatar, Hearthstone, The Division
- Destiny's beta arrived on PlayStation consoles over the weekend; the game is offline for maintenance right now but will return on the 23rd. We also took a peek inside the special edition, learned why the game will have no cross-platform play, and bid farewell to one of the month's lamest memes.
- Meanwhile, Dota 2 continued to make history with The International tournament and its $10 million prize pool. Chinese "dream team" Newbee was crowned champion just a few hours ago.
- Hearthstone's Naxxramas expansion begins its rollout tomorrow; new cards were unveiled today.
- The Crew's PC closed beta earlier today. Vroom!
- Heroes of the Storm described its Garden of Terror map.
- Shroud of the Avatar prepped a major PvP update.
- Here comes another new MOBA: Gigantic is on the way.
- Nerd Kingdom spoke to us about the TUG/Yogventures debacle.
- World of Tanks delivered a big update for Xbox 360 players.
- Deadbreed, a new MOBA, is now in early access on Steam.
- Elite: Dangerous still plans to launch this year.
- The Division posted its E3 gameplay video.
- Warframe launched its Mad Cephalon update (thanks, Sorenthaz).
- World of Speed released a video of a race through Moscow.
- Zombies Monsters Robots is now in open beta (thanks, MetaDune).
This patch added two new maps to the game: Arctic Region and Erlenberg. In addition, Rapid Fire has introduced American autoloader tanks and a group of additional German tank destroyers. We've got the action-packed trailer for this update lurking right below the cut, so be careful!
But wait, isn't Heroes & Generals a browser game? Well, partly, but Reto-Moto says not to worry. "The browser version will also still be operational and both versions offer the same game and access to the same wars," the firm explains via press release. If you're already an H&G player, you can use your existing account with the new Steam version.
Click past the cut to have a look at the Steam launch trailer!
[Source: Reto-Moto press release]
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Video, Expansions, Game Mechanics, Lore, Previews, PvP, News Items, War, Free-to-Play, Consoles, MMOFPS, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, Transformers Universe, MOBA, League of Legends, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Hearthstone
- Destiny posted official July beta dates for PS3 and Xbox.
- Korea's IeSF stumbled but (mostly) found its footing in regard to tournament gender bans.
- Transformers Universe is now in open beta.
- The Witcher is getting a MOBA because everything is getting a MOBA.
- Dota 2 will sponsor noob-friendly broadcasts of its International tourney.
- Riot Games shut down many of League of Legends' public chat rooms.
- SMITE announced that its world championships will take place in January.
- Minecraft-inspired multiplayer sandbox UemeU is now on Steam greenlight.
- Star Citizen's devs have been hard at work on ships and persistent universe mechanics.
- MMOFPS Warface is now available on Steam.
- In prep for its upcoming expansion, Hearthstone caught us up on the lore of Naxxramas.
- Elite: Dangerous published its latest newsletter, this one including info on crime and punishment.
- Heroes of the Storm posted a new talent system overview video (it's behind the cut).
Quesada also features new uniform variations for classes including US Recon, US Paratrooper, German Tank Crew, German Recon, and German Paratrooper. You can see the full list of tweaks and additions via the patch changelog.
[Source: Reto-Moto press release]
Betas, Historical, Trailers, Video, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, Previews, News Items, War, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes, Mac, MMOFPS, World of Tanks, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, World of Warships, MOBA, Diablo III, Destiny, Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Virtual Reality
- Destiny powered through convention week with multiple videos, both embedded below. The game is currently alpha testing on the PS4.
- Blizzard revealed Diablo III's exclusive console content.
- We previewed EVE Valkyrie at E3 and ogled the new trailer; it's just past the break.
- DayZ is getting a new engine!
- Not to be left out of the fun, The Division and Dawngate also posted new videos.
- We learned how Elite: Dangerous plays on the Oculus Rift.
- Star Citizen's Chris Roberts spoke to us about the game's development. Testing invites for the arena commander module are also now going out.
- The Crew launched an E3 trailer (below); it releases in November.
Posted on Nov 22nd 2014 10:00AM
Posted on Nov 22nd 2014 8:00AM
Posted on Nov 21st 2014 8:00PM