The mysterious continent of Northern Arun is finally open – and it's under siege by a soul-sucking bloodmage army. In Fate of Arun, players will explore this lost world, discover the home city of the Barakan race, fight for the freedom of the native Khirians, and take on a powerful new evil.Producer Patrick Sun declates that "Fate of Arun will be, without a doubt, the biggest addition to the world of TERA new and returning players have ever seen." A launch date has not yet been confirmed. Enjoy the teaser pics and video below.
Fate of Arun represents the first and biggest expansion for TERA to date, featuring a new level cap of 65 and the lands of Northern Arun to explore through a brand-new storyline, new quests, zones, dungeons, skills, gear and a new PvP battleground, in addition to vast systematic improvements to the gameplay experience.
Tomorrow, the sci-fi MMO will be releasing its 15th update, Archwing. The update will include the ability for players to fly characters through space as space ninjas (because why not?), using new weapons and fighting previously unknown enemies. Archwing will also add the Limbo warframe and a reputation system for added depth.
Digital Extremes claims that Warframe has accumulated over 12 million registered players and is the most downloaded PlayStation 4 game. You can watch the Archwing trailer after the jump.
[Source: Digital Extremes press release]
If you're into car porn, it's worth noting that the World of Speed devs released a brief F1 teaser video. You'll find it just past the break.
Said patch also improves the game's matchmaking system, which helps get players into the action more quickly while also providing a more balanced system for everyone. A new tutorial to introduce new players to the game and a spectator system that makes it easier to watch games unfold have also been added, giving players new and old alike plenty to enjoy. Check out the full patch notes or just steal a glance at the video showing off these new features past the break.
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Super-hero, Trailers, Video, Culture, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, Launches, New Titles, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, Consoles, MMOFPS, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, MOBA, League of Legends, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile, Buy-to-Play, E-sports, OARPG
- South Korean e-sports team Samsung White took the League of Legends World Championships 2014 crown over the weekend at the Seoul event attended by a staggering 40,000 fans.
- Mining comes to Elite: Dangerous on October 28th. The game's also got a in-person shindig planned for November 22nd at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK.
- Heroes of the Storm's Azmodan is more than just a pretty face.
- We recapped Star Citizen's Citizen Con 2014.
- Destiny continued its struggles with loot caves, bug fixes, and DLC spoilers.
- Marvel Heroes added Nova to its roster.
- Path of Exile previewed its upcoming 1.2.4 patch.
- Massively's MJ checked out MOBA Chaos Heroes Online.
- Kingdom Under Fire II took seven years and $50M to complete.
- Ubisoft is bringing The Crew to a college football game near you.
- Still want more cars in your MMOs? World of Speed's new BMW is stupid fast too.
- Skara: The Blade Remains hits Steam early access next week.
- Pox Nora -- yes, that Pox Nora -- landed on Steam.
- Riot is tweaking League of Legends refer-a-friend to combat account sellers.
- Sol Contingency, an unauthorized Descent remake mod, was issued a cease and desist notice from Interplay. The admins have vowed to continue without the Descent IP thanks to "Interplay's incompetent and unprofessional behavior." [Thanks, Dave!]
A new video is now available showing off the Space World and everything that players can do therein: fighting off alien invaders, huge robots, strange wildlife, and flying saucers. Yes, it's all a bit silly and strange, but when you're marching into battle with a team consisting of a pirate, a DJ, a guy in a chicken suit, and a knight, you kind of expect to be thrown into strange scenarios. Check out the video just past the break.
[Source: Funcom press release]
Mechanically, Nova is something of a hybrid who is able to use both ranged and melee powers to "defeat enemies quickly." You can see him in action via the trailer just past the break.
Gamer Escape's liveblog of the keynote notes that the expansion will feature a level cap increase to level 60, new jobs, a new race (albeit with an as-yet-unconfirmed identity), new primals, and new high-end content. More information will be available at the London fanfest taking place next week. For now, players will just have to speculate a bit on what the future holds. (The smart money, of course, is on dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. It's kind of an Ishgardian thing.)
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
No matter what it is, this new Patch 2.4 trailer will get you pumped up for this quarterly content update. Especially if seeing a mostly naked man slingshot a giant crab to the approval of a big green chicken. I mean, I know you have to have some filler for an eight-minute-long trailer, but can anyone explain what is happening at 2:40?
You can watch all of the zaniness after the break!
[Thanks to Bob for the tip!]
If you've played Diablo III, odds are good you're familiar with him to some extent already, but the article highlights trivia you may have missed and includes more of his backstory, like his tendency to give away his plans out of a certainty that no one can defeat them. (You can guess how that works out.) You can also check out a trailer for the tactical demon just past the break. It's an appropriately spooky hero to highlight as we move closer to the end of October, and you can catch all of the details on the official site.
Click past the cut to see World of Speed's Bimmer in action.
The trailer also serves as a window into The Crew's sprawling game world, which includes cityscapes, rural highways, and race tracks across the United States. Click past the cut to have a look.
The entire commercial is rendered in-game (except for one specific gesture), so it serves the dual purpose of showing off the ship and showing off the ships themselves. If you'd like, you can view the commercial in stereoscopic 3-D as well. And if you like what you see from the commercial, you can step into your own Cutlass starting at $115, although you can currently only explore the ship rather than actually using it for anything.
The script came together rather quickly, and Ukrainian studio Postmodern was chosen to handle filming duties which were then completed near Kiev in "a record two-day shoot." Gaijin says that an additional half day was spent on a studio stage, and that the abbreviated process was helped along by the fact that the entire film was "pre-visualized and made in a 3-D sketch." The company also says that more details on the making of Victory is Ours will be forthcoming.
Super-hero, Trailers, Video, Business Models, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, New Titles, Patches, Previews, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, Trading Card Games, Consoles, MMOFPS, World of Tanks, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, World of Warships, MOBA, Diablo III, Destiny, Infinite Crisis, Path of Exile, E-sports, OARPG
- Destiny now has 3.2 million daily players. Players have already spoiled bits of the DLC.
- Jagex revealed Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, an MMOCTG playable within RuneScape.
- Firefly Online showed off its 3-D environmental engine at NYCC.
- SMITE's world championship tournament prize pool reached $1 million, character Bakasura got a remodel preview, and Redditors are ticked about the game's new lockboxes. [Thanks, Fakepants.]
- Diablo III players on console now have access to The Vault patch.
- Infinite Crisis revealed Stargirl, a new playable heroine.
- The Crew delayed its launch to December 2nd.
- War Thunder posted live action trailer celebrating Russia in WW2 and prepped update 1.43.
- Steparu previewed NCsoft's upcoming MOBA, Master X Master.
- Path of Exile detailed cosmetic armor creation and Grandmaster battles.
- Blizzard says Heroes of the Storm's prices are "unlikely" to change after alpha.
- World of Tanks introduced the Fury tank.
- Bandai Namco unveiled Battleline: Steel Warfare, a new F2P tank MMO. Beta is expected in November.
Posted on Oct 24th 2014 8:00PM
Posted on Oct 24th 2014 7:00PM
Posted on Oct 24th 2014 3:00PM