Starro is a Star Conqueror. These nomadic and parasitic creatures roam the cosmos in two forms: motherstars and parasites. Motherstars are sentient, while parasites are extensions of the motherstar's consciousness. A parasite attaches itself to other sentient creatures, allowing the motherstar to control that creature's mind. Once controlled, the victims work toward growing more motherstars to go out and bring universal harmony to other planets-by conquering them. Little did the Star Conqueror who came to be known as Starro know how difficult carrying that plan out on Earth would be! Starro has little concern for what happens to the individuals it controls. They're a tiny part of the whole. When Starro speaks to creatures it doesn't control, it does so telepathically, urging them to join in universal harmony.We've got some pics and a video below to finish out Starro's reveal.
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Super-hero, Trailers, Video, Culture, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, Launches, New Titles, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, Consoles, MMOFPS, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, MOBA, League of Legends, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile, Buy-to-Play, E-sports, OARPG
- South Korean e-sports team Samsung White took the League of Legends World Championships 2014 crown over the weekend at the Seoul event attended by a staggering 40,000 fans.
- Mining comes to Elite: Dangerous on October 28th. The game's also got a in-person shindig planned for November 22nd at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK.
- Heroes of the Storm's Azmodan is more than just a pretty face.
- We recapped Star Citizen's Citizen Con 2014.
- Destiny continued its struggles with loot caves, bug fixes, and DLC spoilers.
- Marvel Heroes added Nova to its roster.
- Path of Exile previewed its upcoming 1.2.4 patch.
- Massively's MJ checked out MOBA Chaos Heroes Online.
- Kingdom Under Fire II took seven years and $50M to complete.
- Ubisoft is bringing The Crew to a college football game near you.
- Still want more cars in your MMOs? World of Speed's new BMW is stupid fast too.
- Skara: The Blade Remains hits Steam early access next week.
- Pox Nora -- yes, that Pox Nora -- landed on Steam.
- Riot is tweaking League of Legends refer-a-friend to combat account sellers.
- Sol Contingency, an unauthorized Descent remake mod, was issued a cease and desist notice from Interplay. The admins have vowed to continue without the Descent IP thanks to "Interplay's incompetent and unprofessional behavior." [Thanks, Dave!]
Game: Chaos Heroes Online
Host: MJ Guthrie
Date: Friday, October 17th, 2014
Time: 3:00 p.m. EDT
Enjoy our Stream Team video below.
You can get a sense for how the game will look in action in the gameplay trailer just past the break. Purchasers will ultimately have their money refunded in the form of virtual currency once the game launches as free-to-play in 2015. If you want to get involved in the testing and don't want to fund the game directly from the developer's site, just hold on a little longer and you can pick it up through Steam.
[Source: 8-Bit Studios press release]
The new RAF update will reward players with 1000 IP for each referred friend who reaches level 10. You can refer a total of five people, and three referrals nets you the Grey Warlock skin while five grants you Medieval Twitch.
Full details are available via Riot's blog post.
If you've played Diablo III, odds are good you're familiar with him to some extent already, but the article highlights trivia you may have missed and includes more of his backstory, like his tendency to give away his plans out of a certainty that no one can defeat them. (You can guess how that works out.) You can also check out a trailer for the tactical demon just past the break. It's an appropriately spooky hero to highlight as we move closer to the end of October, and you can catch all of the details on the official site.
Super-hero, Trailers, Video, Business Models, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, New Titles, Patches, Previews, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, Trading Card Games, Consoles, MMOFPS, World of Tanks, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, World of Warships, MOBA, Diablo III, Destiny, Infinite Crisis, Path of Exile, E-sports, OARPG
- Destiny now has 3.2 million daily players. Players have already spoiled bits of the DLC.
- Jagex revealed Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, an MMOCTG playable within RuneScape.
- Firefly Online showed off its 3-D environmental engine at NYCC.
- SMITE's world championship tournament prize pool reached $1 million, character Bakasura got a remodel preview, and Redditors are ticked about the game's new lockboxes. [Thanks, Fakepants.]
- Diablo III players on console now have access to The Vault patch.
- Infinite Crisis revealed Stargirl, a new playable heroine.
- The Crew delayed its launch to December 2nd.
- War Thunder posted live action trailer celebrating Russia in WW2 and prepped update 1.43.
- Steparu previewed NCsoft's upcoming MOBA, Master X Master.
- Path of Exile detailed cosmetic armor creation and Grandmaster battles.
- Blizzard says Heroes of the Storm's prices are "unlikely" to change after alpha.
- World of Tanks introduced the Fury tank.
- Bandai Namco unveiled Battleline: Steel Warfare, a new F2P tank MMO. Beta is expected in November.
The game uses a WASD control scheme whilst allowing players to tag between two characters with the Tab key, bringing in elements of team-based fighting games. It also features PvE missions for players who'd prefer to take on purely team-based challenges, further setting itself apart from the pack. Take a look at the full rundown for more details; while there's no definite release or localization date, it might be different enough from its contemporaries to pique your interest.
Hi-Rez announced yesterday that the SMITE World Championship prize pool is up to $1,000,000 thanks to community contributions. SMITE has been raising funds for the tournament by selling special Odyssey items in the game; the studio will continue to do so for the next 14 weeks, so the prize pool could potentially go even higher.
The SMITE World Championship will take place in Atlanta, Georgia, from January 9th through the 11th, 2015.
Riot Games was pretty harsh in its post-mortem of the old version, saying, "Old Sion had countless problems: He was a mage with an ax, he'd end up with two redundant abilities regardless of how he built, his model had aged horribly, and he had some pretty... interesting voiceover."
The team decided to rebuild him to fit his profile as an unstoppable undead warrior. The new Sion is tanky with powerful attacks that can be deployed dupliciously in order to mess with the reflexes of opponents. You can check out Sion's champion spotlight video after the jump.
Stargirl goes live on October 15th. We've included new screenies and her intro video below.
Not So Massively: Star Citizen's Guinness record, Dota 2's mega patch, and GTAO's last team standing
Betas, Trailers, Video, Business Models, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, Patches, PvP, News Items, Crime, World of Tanks, Not So Massively, MOBA, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile, Hearthstone, E-sports, OARPG
- Star Citizen hit 55 million in crowdfunding funds, setting a new Guinness record for "the largest crowdfunding anything of all time." Chris Roberts says the team is working even harder on new ships.
- SMITE formally revealed Sylvanus, Keeper of the Wild.
- Destiny considered matchmaking tools, confirmed DLC leaks.
- Massively's Mike Foster streamed the aftermath of Dota 2's 6.82 patch.
- Elite: Dangerous launched Beta 2. Beta 3 is scheduled to begin October 28th.
- Massively's Game Archaeologist investigated the Habitat restoration project.
- Shroud of the Avatar's update 10 stressed stability and challenge dungeons.
- Hearthstone's October 2014 ranked play season has a Halloween theme.
- Path of Exile outlined its plans for race season nine and Hall of Grandmasters development.
- GTA Online launched its Last Team Standing update.
- Chaos Heroes Online entered open beta with a brand-new trailer.
- State of Decay announced it's sold two million copies.
- World of Tanks released its Tank Rally mode.
- Dawngate released a producer's letter, new Ronan video, and a new patch.
Tune in tonight as Massively's Mike Foster takes one of Dota's newly-reworked heroes for a spin and tries to make sense of the post-6.82 carnage. The action begins at 7:00 p.m. EDT.
Game: Dota 2
Host: Mike Foster
Date: Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT
Enjoy our Stream Team video below.
The antlered, Pan-like god is a protector of nature and woodland creatures who rides around on a treant because he can. Wisp-based regens, tree-themed roots, and AoE poisons serve to bolster his teammates and annoy his enemies.
Enjoy the first look at Sylvanus below.
- Path of Exile announced a total of 7,000,000 registrations, 154,000 peak player concurrency, and a new patch today.
- SMITE's patch notes reveal Sylvanus, Keeper of the Wild.
- Bungie closed Destiny's loot cave with a nerfing patch. Unsurprisingly, there's a new loot cave. There's also a soundtrack on iTunes and a bunch of leaks about what's coming in the expansions.
- Global Agenda 2's closed beta is expected "before the end of the year if all goes well," says Hi-Rez.
- Hearthstone's sixth season is coming to an end.
- League of Legends is introducing ranked restrictions for toxic players.
- Diablo III's latest patch improved pets, Greater Rifts, and Witch Doctors.
- The Crew's console closed beta launches tomorrow.
- TUG halved its staff to stay afloat.
- Star Citizen hit $54 million in crowdfunds with a letter from Chris Roberts.
- Transformers Universe rolls out Pandemic and Outsider.
- World of Speed put out another cruising vid, this one on the Ford Mustang.
- Infinite Crisis introduced Nightmare Robin and Atomic Joker.
- Line of Defense suffered Steam early access mishaps when a misfiling allowed players to download it for free.
- Warframe deployed Update 14.5 with a new video.
- Check out the splash page for Dota 2's 6.82 Rekindling Soul update.
- World of Tanks' 9.3 update targets "unsportsmanlike" behavior.
Posted on Oct 25th 2014 1:00PM
Posted on Oct 25th 2014 12:00PM
Posted on Oct 25th 2014 10:00AM