Macro, in his warrior form, carries a heavy broadsword for up close melee combat which he wields like a chivalrous knight. In addition, his shield dome cloaks all allies within its boundaries, removing them from enemy line of sight for a limited time.The studio says over 700,000 players have participated in beta so far. Videos for both characters are embedded below.
At the other end of the spectrum, Firebreaker is the first Decepticon in Transformers Universe to feature cloaking capabilities. Sacrificing his shield meter he can extend the duration of the cloak, and can also unleash a computer virus on himself that will devastate the first Autobot he comes into contact with.
Specifically, the team is adding a new Siege Golem Mastery ability line, which renders your character "an unstoppable juggernaut of destruction" with super speed, AoE healing effects, and (of course) an ejection seat to amuse your guildies.
ArenaNet will also add consumable tricks; the first, called a Siege Disabler, is deployed like a grenade and disables weapons and golems and can be purchased with badges and coins rather than karma.
If you aren't into the PvP additions, well, you could always join the folks in Rata Sum protesting the absence of Super Adventure Box. [Thanks, thegirlwiththehair.]
Not So Massively: Path of Exiles' Master of the Hunt, Destiny's expansion, and BioWare's Shadow Realms
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, Patches, Previews, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, Miscellaneous, Not So Massively, MOBA, League of Legends, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile
- We took an exclusive first look at Path of Exile's Tora, Master of the Hunt.
- Destiny released Mars and Venus trailers and announced its first expansion.
- BioWare announced Shadow Realms, a D&D-inspired co-op dungeon crawler.
- Lineage Eternal's first closed beta is coming to Korea this winter.
- SMITE is headed to the Xbox One.
- Heroes of the Storm revealed new heroes Anub'arak, Azmodan, and Chen Stormstout.
- Shroud of the Avatar posted its opening cinematic (it's after the break).
- Diablo III previewed its new Vault content.
- War Thunder promises a 360-degree panoramic VR view with Project Morpheus.
- The Crew is coming to Xbox 360 but not PS3 or Wii U.
- Elite: Dangerous elaborated on the Stellar Forge system in a new newsletter.
- League of Legends spotlighted Gnar in a new video.
- Riot Games is starting programs to help support retired e-sports players.
- DayZ is headed to the PlayStation 4.
- Warframe announced new Archwing gameplay mode.
- Skara: The Blade Remains plans its launch for October 9th.
Two weeks ago, I examined the history of force projection in EVE Online and made the argument that capital ships and jump drives ultimately created today's nullsec problems. Increases in mobility have led to alliances teaming up over vast distances, making mega-coalitions an inevitable outcome. It's obviously too late to remove capital ships or jump logistics, but there are plenty of other ways to potentially fix the nullsec problem. We had some great discussions in the comments of the previous article about how this complex problem could be solved without making warfare the painful slog it was back in 2004, and I believe it's possible.
In this edition of EVE Evolved, I lay out some ideas for new game mechanics that could solve the current nullsec crisis and may meet CCP's goals for the eventual sovereignty revamp that's on the way.
Are you ready to die? The first phase of combat includes death, armor, weapons, landmines, PvP, and many possibilities! We got the scoop on this much-anticipated system at SOE Live from Creative Director Dave Georgeson and Senior Producer Terry Michaels at SOE Live, including some great video clips of the upcoming content.
Host: Mike Foster
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT
Enjoy our Stream Team video below.
In today's dev diary, ArenaNet explains that since all of the races and classes have different animations for the same skills, it might be difficult for competitive players to identify what's coming at them. By being able to replace all enemy characters with standardized human models, PvPers will be able to clearly identify the class, weapon, and skill animations being used.
The team's also finishing up work on two new sets of PvP-exclusive armor that draws inspiration from Guild Wars 1's Hall of Heroes. Players can earn one of those sets of armor by progressing with the new PvP reward track that's also slated for the feature pack update.
You can read the full blurb after the break.
[Source: Wargaming press release]
Shadow Realms isn't a full-fledged MMO, but will put players in the shoes of contemporary Earth heroes who will jump between our world of technology and another of magic. The twist for the game is that a team of four heroes will be opposed by one player who will assume the role of a dungeon master-like Shadowlord.
"With Shadow Realms, we decided that the Shadowlord should interact with and see the gameplay world in a similar way to the hero players –- albeit with better tactical knowledge," BioWare wrote. "Their objective is to stop the group of heroes by haunting them, setting traps, casting spells, summoning monsters, and controlling any monster in the level."
The game will grow with episodic storytelling, offer "deep combat customization," and feature six classes. Shadow Realms is set to go into closed beta this fall.
No, today I'm going to play Firefall. And you're coming with me.
ArenaNet's attention at Gamescom, however, has been focused on competitive play. In keeping with its e-sports goals, the studio unveiled the World Tournament Series, a Guild Wars 2 competitive championship co-sponsored by Chinese publisher KongZhong. With its $150,000 prize pool, the series will draw qualifying players from the upcoming Tournament of Glory and debut in Beijing this fall.
[Source: ArenaNet press release]
Bungie also released a new competitive multiplayer trailer. Aliens are threatening our way of life and our very existence, but that doesn't mean that we can't take a break from combating this common threat and squabble amongst ourselves, right? Destiny will allow just that with its competitive multiplayer mode, also known as "PvP" if you're new to MMOs.
This game mode will take place in the Crucible, a skirmish arena full of good hidey-holes and a ton of objectives for teams to accomplish. There will be special gear that can be attained by duking it out, so at least you have that justification when your commanding officer asks why you're not out there fighting the invaders.
The video is below.
Betas, Fantasy, Real-Life, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Business Models, Patches, PvP, News Items, MMOFPS, Not So Massively, MOBA, Diablo III, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile, Hearthstone
- Diablo III has now sold 20 million copies across all platforms; Blizzard has also enabled cross-platform saves.
- The Crew will launch its second beta round on August 25th.
- We peeked in on Heroes of the Storm's alpha.
- Hearthstone's single-player Naxxramas Military Quarter opened its doors.
- Paul McCartney's Destiny music track will follow the game's release.
- Star Citizen opened Arena Commander to backers and released a CTF mode.
- An Ubisoft analyst criticized League of Legends' business model.
- SMITE posted a new Zeus model and a complete update of Nu Wa.
- Meet Haku, one of Path of Exile's new Forsaken Masters due in this month's expansion.
- The Games of Glory MOBA canceled its Kickstarter thanks to an influx of private investment.
- Wanna get paid to make War Thunder content?
- Chaos Heroes Online revealed its MOBA roster.
- Elite: Dangerous prepared for beta 2 with an official app release.
- Atari's MOBA, Minimum, is now $9.99 on Steam.
- The Stomping Land swapped engines to use Unreal Engine 4.
- World of Speed launched its Gamescom trailer.
- Shadowrun Online's early access build added two-player cooperative gameplay.
It's worth watching if you like gearhead eye candy, though, so click past the cut and have a look.
Posted on Aug 20th 2014 3:00PM
Posted on Aug 20th 2014 12:00PM
Posted on Aug 20th 2014 8:00AM