Not So Massively: HEX gets new cards, Dota 2 cancels Christmas, and Hearthstone lands on Android (sorta)
Betas, Trailers, Video, Expansions, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, Patches, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, MOBA, Crowdfunding, Destiny, Elite: Dangerous, Path of Exile, HEX, Hearthstone, E-sports, OARPG
- Bungie's been banhammering Destiny players with modded consoles. The Dark Below, the game's first DLC, launched last week, but crazy people beat the raid within just a few hours and went back to mocking the Paul McCartney video.
- Hearthstone players struggled to buy the right expansion packs. But there's good news for (some) Android gamers: The game soft launched today on Google Play in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
- HEX released a new card set expansion, Shattered Destiny.
- Dota 2's engine updates forced Valve to cancel Frostivus events.
- Elite: Dangerous launches tomorrow.
- Marvel Heroes now features a female Wolverine.
- Path of Exile went live with its update 1.2 PvP revamp. It also released a video of Leo Redmane, Master of the Arena.
- Star Citizen's latest patch added another ship and the all-important drunk effects.
- The Crew corrected a bug that was accidentally erasing player stats.
- King of Wushu got new PS4 trailers at the Shanghai PS4 conference.
- SMITE doled out five videos full of advice on breaking into the games industry. There's also a new dev blog on Awilix, Goddess of the Moon.
- MechWarrior Online entered beta testing for Community Warfare.
- MMOFPS Dizzel formally launched.
- NetEase announced the English version of 3-D MOBA Wildfire.
- Shadowrun Online's December 17 update includes bigger parties, skill trees, co-op, and new missions.