One of the great things about SOE Live
is that not only do you get announcements like the EverQuest II
expansion but there are also many panels to delve even deeper into the upcoming content. On top of that, you have Q&A sessions where dedicated players draw out more useful information! Here are a few more tidbits that came from the rest of the con.↵
- When Altar of Malice launches, Chains of Eternity will be bundled into the F2P base game and Tears of Veeshan will be included with purchase of Altar of Malice.
- Textured building blocks are possible, but they will count against house item limit.
- Call of the Veteran reward will never go on loyalty vendor. However, something similar, such as a charged consumable, might.
- AoM introduces new blue adornments for PvP. The idea is that players won't need two sets of armor for PvE and PvP; they need only swap out the adornments (which will be easier than before).
- A revamp of Heroic opportunities is desired but will happen when entire system can get complete overhaul, not in stages, since the team has only one chance to get it right.
- All tradeskills are getting a full new tier for 96-100 in AoM.
- A quality of life improvement coming soon is that all alts on an account will be added as trustee to all characters houses automatically. (Woohoo!)
- The ability to filter maintained spells will be coming clientside.
- All new prestige tab for new abilities; end-line abilities shared between certain classes (e.g., Brigand, Assassin, and Swashbuckler).
- Using new technology for this, can you use same ability to do multiple things.
- New tradeskill prestige includes more harvesting.
- Adding new uses for all low-level harvestables; all resource tiers will be used in current game play.
- In AoM, best raid gear for some slots will only be crafted.
- AoM will require more resists: If one tier too low, take 10% more damage, two tiers, 20% more, and so on.
- We'll see the removal of critical avoidance and the addition of new critical hits if above 100% (legendary, fabled, and mythical crits).
- Beastlords are getting attention to bring them more in line with other scouts.
- Priest resist ability and Bard resist song will be upgraded over 95.
- Ancient spells are useable by All Access members only (they're going to be drops and really rare).
- About audio cues for procs suggestion: The team is talking about accessibility features and thinks it is important.
- Per suggestion, the devs are looking into guild bank changes so that unusable items will be greyed out (or otherwise easy to differentiate when scrolling through).
- Special, random rare mobs will be in the overland zones in AoM as in Desert of Flames.
As is wont to happen when you give devs a mic, a few quips and quotes came out of the weekend. Here are a few:
What happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas, at least where SOE Live is concerned! Massively sent intrepid reporter MJ Guthrie to this year's SOE Live, from which she'll be transmitting all the best fan news on EverQuest Next, Landmark, H1Z1, and the other MMOs on SOE's roster.
- Akil Hooper introduced himself as "Creative Director -- I crush people's hopes and dreams."
- Programmer Justin Michael followed that up with, "I try to make Akil's job hard."
- Beware of "soon"! Hooper also revealed this when setting the stage for the first Q&A: "If you ask wish list questions, the answer will probably be either we will look into it or you wont... or 'soon' which is basically you won't." Living up to his new title!