If you ever wanted to see what a geek supernova looks like, you only had to pay attention to the internet as Disney announced this week that it purchased LucasArts and is making several new Star Wars films. Of course, MMO gamers are certainly wondering how this might impact the several Star Wars-themed properties we enjoy (or have enjoyed). Will this added focus on the Star Wars franchise be the shot in the arm that SWTOR needs on the verge of free-to-play?
The rest of the week's top MMO stories are beyond the cut.
- EA's Moore on SWTOR: 'Price was always the issue'
- Asheron's Call turns 13
- SOE snags Project Copernicus dev for Vanguard
- The War Z's Halloween beta event
- Star Trek Online details Season 7
- The Elder Scrolls Online concept art
- Chaos Theory: Hitting a wall in The Secret World
- Guild Wars 2 teases Lost Shores
- Nexon is working on Mabinogi 2 Arena
- Lord of the Rings Online releases Mac beta client
- Rhode Island sues Curt Schilling
- Why I Play World of Tanks
- Mild-Mannered Reporter: A tale of two shutdowns
- Massively's Hands-on with RaiderZ
- Funcom eying new Schwarzenegger Conan film for MMO ideas
- Control Wizards join Neverwinter's lineup
- Jukebox Heroes: EverQuest's soundtrack