- Wizardry Online, due out in 2013, will be launching a beta on October 29th.
- EverQuest Next has been redone from scratch so that it's not EverQuest III. Smedley promises it's going to be the "world's largest sandbox-style MMO ever made." It'll be playable at the next Fan Faire.
- SOE is introducing a new currency, the Krono, which is basically tradable game time like PLEX.
- The Player Studio page goes live Friday, so fans can start submitting ideas from the games that are participating.
- EverQuest's Rain of Fear expansion launches November 28th; EverQuest II's Chains of Eternity expansion launches November 13th.
- SOE announced a partnership with Runewaker Entertainment of Runes of Magic fame for new game Dragon's Prophet, which will include non-instanced housing along with four player classes, a frontier system, action-based combat, and 300 unique dragons.
- Smedley is promising to embed a Twitch TV client directly in games.
- DC Universe Online is getting housing!
- You will be able to reserve your name for the PlanetSide 2 launch. As posted to Facebook, "Anyone who's already bought Alpha Squad will receive an email letting them know when they can reserve their name, and those purchasing for the first time will soon gain the ability to do the same as part of their purchase." This promotion ends November 15th.
- PlanetSide 2 launches November 20th, 2012! After the keynote, Smedley tweeted, ""We have enough time to polish and finish the game" and "there are many things on our test servers that you haven't seen yet." More beta invites are incoming.
Posted on May 22nd 2013 4:30PM
Posted on May 22nd 2013 3:30PM
Posted on May 22nd 2013 2:00PM