This week, Blizzard announced that World of Warcraft's Mists of Pandaria expansion will launch on September 25th, just a month after Guild Wars 2 opens for pre-purchasers. GW2, meanwhile, is keeping busy in the wake of its last beta event with videos, guides, dev blogs, and name reservations. Massively shared its own impressions of the third BWE in articles about the Asura, the Sylvari, and Legacy of the Foefire.
Bring your /popcorn past the break, where we've rounded up the rest of this week's top MMO stories.
- The Secret World will open to everyone next weekend
- Shadowrun Online details new business model, shows off gameplay footage
- SOE and Blur Studio release new PlanetSide 2 cinematic trailer
- Valve, Blizzard wary of Windows 8
- Consumer advocates accuses Blizzard of deceptive Diablo III marketing
- Opinion: MMOs waste millions on voice-over
- Why SWTOR should and will go free-to-play
- EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 hits servers August 8th
- SWTOR devs answer community's PvP-related questions
- A look at Curt Schilling's management of 38 Studios
- Marvel Heroes chief: 'It's very Diablo-like'
- Need for Speed World celebrates its second anniversary
- Why we play Anarchy Online
- Chaos Theory: Four essential Secret World tips
- Square-Enix reveals new Final Fantasy XIV trailer