Guild Wars 2's first prepurchase beta event ends in just a few short hours, bringing to a close what's probably the most hyped week in ArenaNet history. We were treated to new art, the Asuran starting experience, a tour of the offices, and details on world transfers. As if to taunt us about not-yet-public races, our own Lis Cardy delighted us with a look at the lore of the Sylvari, who swear they are trees and not elves.
Meanwhile, classic Guild Wars is celebrating its seventh year of operation with a big ol' party, which hopefully gave you something to do if you were one of the unlucky procrastinators whose beta dreams were partially dashed when ANet shut down GW2's digital prepurchase options temporarily on Thursday.
Enjoy the rest of our top MMO stories after the cut.
- TERA head start began this weekend
- Cryptic Studios issues security warning in response to database breach
- SWTOR increases Sniper damage, fixes bugs, and cures the Rakghoul plague
- Why we play Lord of the Rings Online
- Wizard101 creator announces new game: Pirate101
- TERA ramps up for launch with a video, an offer, and an address
- The skinny on Aion housing straight from NCsoft
- BioWare strikes back at reports that SWTOR's subs are declining
- Pachter says rumored Nexon buyout of EA 'cannot happen'
- Diablo III cooks up a reveal for the Witch Doctor
- Frogster responds to community uproar over European TERA changes
- The Game Archaeologist: Are graphical updates worth the hassle?
- 'No regrets': Sega defends Phantasy Star Online 2's F2P model
- SWTOR is launching in the Middle East and select European countries today
- Torchlight 2 available for pre-purchase on Steam
- Final Fantasy XIV launches patch 1.22
- Watch 17 minutes of unadulterated Blade & Soul PvP footage
- EVE's Escalation video: New status bar, missile effects, and more
- EU TERA fans petition to bring the blood back
- ChangYou plans to bring Shadowbane back in China