Posted: Apr 4th 2012 5:12PM BigAndShiny said

Isn't the Island (or Isle) of Dawn the Vanguard starting island?

I CALL PLAGIARISM, I DO

/s, I'm a fan and no-one's heard of Vanguard.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 5:32PM (Unverified) said

That "number of other changes" will not be in CBT 5 but the open beta and launch:

"We've also been working for months on determining what will be in our open beta and launch build."

Following this statement is the bulleted list of these possible changes.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 5:56PM Space Cobra said

I thought the starting area was fine. It's not too hard and while I would agree it's almost too easy, _so_is_every_other_starting_area_in_every_other_MMO!!!

Maybe a slight buff to later monsters (Level 5 and above). Probably the boss monsters could use a buff. Maybe more wandering boss monsters? Really, even though i am suggesting these, I'd rather save the rough stuff until after the starting/tutorial island,

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 6:30PM Borick said

@Space Cobra I agree that the newbie zone mobs need to be slow and telegraph their attacks, but the first group instance is recommended for five people in the quest log when it is clearly not tuned to need anything more than one player. That's a bit flawed to me.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 5:59PM Maseno said

• Half a heart
This game does nothing for me that would make me want to pay a sub fee. Go F2P and do better.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 6:46PM nhat said

@Maseno

Meh Rather not deal with CS P2W items.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:21PM Maseno said

• Half a heart
@nhat

You do know that there are only a handful of games out of the thousands of F2P games that have any type of pay to win items in them right?

Your argument is old and 99.9% of the time it is false.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:27PM silver001 said

@nhat cs does not equal p2win.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:06PM aurickle said

I honestly wasn't impressed with Tera enough to even care about upcoming tests or the launch. The action-oriented combat was fun up to a point, but it really felt like I was just sitting there spamming two buttons ad nauseum. Then I got to the capital city, did the quests there, and completely ran out of anything. I had a quest to go to another place, which I did, but there were no quests at all. I scratched my head for a while, signed off, then never got motivated enough to log back in again before the weekend was over.

I'm sure some people are going to love this game to death, but I'm equally sure it will have at least as much attrition as Aion did.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 9:49PM Space Cobra said

I find the game fun, but yeah, I am wondering if I'll get tired of a sub connected to this type of game; it is sorta in the same court as DCUO in this type of game play. Granted, there IS more to seemingly do, but is it worh a monthly sub? I don't think it is, at least at a standard month's price.

But I may play it for launch.

(::Cobra's Farewell tour or ruminating about it :: )

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 10:07PM Space Cobra said

BTW, this seems, for now (at time of post) the last postable article via the old comment system.

It may seem I may lose another community.... :/

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 11:51PM Scarecrowe said

Sadly, this is the last article I will be commenting in. I refuse to register an account in any of that new crap. Massively continues to lose touch with their core audience.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 12:40AM cubebomb said

wow the Demo is finally coming to end. i hate it when they call it close beta. As if it was. There is still no incentive for pvp. you dont lose anything. you dont gain anything. they should at least take the ranking system from aion

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 7:54AM tentimes said

I still haven't finished downloading it lol :) I am wondering now if I should bother playing? I'm not into twitchers, but am so out of love with MMO's I am desperate to find something that engages me. I am waiting for The Secret World, but I am suspicious that yet again it will be the gameplay in it, and Terra, that isn't up to scratch.

I think they spend so much on the graphics these days, it costs much more proportionately of the budget, that gameplay gets forgotten.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 9:23AM Chiren said

poop, I liked the existing commenting system.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 11:13AM mrantimatter said

Liked what I played from the beta weekend, but man, does this game go overboard on cheesecake. Pretty obvious to see their target audience with this one.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 11:48AM Masync9 said

I feel that the starting area was fine as the focus should be on learning Tera's combat format, crafting options, etc. basically learning the ropes. Also how is it right to assume that every player is an MMO veteran? If they make the starter slope too steep it will turn off many potential customers.

I like Tera as it offers a nice alternative vs the other MMO formats. Now is it worth a full monthly subscription? That question I am still struggling with : )

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 1:08PM Space Cobra said

Well, all seems okay here ftm (in regards to the old commenting system in place)

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014