Posted: Apr 4th 2012 11:12PM Space Cobra said

@Utakata

I am also thinking about this. I may go through with it. May get a name change. I dunno.

Was it a blessing they gave us no warning and it was a surprise? I dunno, bummer either way.

I just tried to make a Facebook account (even a band/business) but they don't like the name "Space Cobra". So, I am wondering if "Moon Unit Zappa" and Dweezil are having problems with it! (I think the biggest problem is the email addy they ask for. I could make a specific/throwaway one, but it'd be another account to make and why not just use/tie it into google (which doesn't let one use spaces in their name).

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 11:30PM (Unverified) said

@Utakata
The ironic thing is with this new comment system we are giving up liberty AND safety.

You can not even copy and paste to it without allowing access to your clipboard. It even says, in smaller print, that you grant it permission to read your recent copies. And no, to those who would say you erase what was on the clipboard everytime you make a new copy, no you do not. I use the clipboards ability to hold multiple items constantly in Office. So if you use a password manager that does copy and paste functions, imagine what may be on your clipboard that you may be giving permission to this site to access.

It's just sad Massively has stooped to this level.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 11:40PM Space Cobra said

Another thing:

Okay, no "Down Vote", but there is a "Disagree" option if you click the flag on posts. But there is "spam", "report" , "offensive" and "off topic".

Still not liking that they put "Disagree" with those *stronger* options. And what about false clicks?

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 12:34AM Mikx said

"We are all honest folk.

The Banks that say you are "dead-beat" and institute laws that make declaring bankrupcty harder (so they can get their money)? Most people are asheamed of bankruptcy and want to make good on loans."

Well, that's pretty much a bad example considering the banks are forging mortgage documents.:-)

So, break those user agreements and make dummy accounts. the only terrible thing is you have to sign in and out all the time because you never know what name you're posting under. And that is too hard to keep track of. You'll eventually get paranoid.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 1:44AM (Unverified) said

Nice. Lets hope all the goodness is not being to be covered up by the first epic helm you loot.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 8:25AM blackcat7k said

Pretty close, but without the photos side by side I think we would be hard pressed to link the faces to the actors.

I hope the character customization in Guild Wars 2 takes into account skin tone consistency on ALL aspects of the character model.

I noticed in Star Wars the Old Republic and TERA that certan darker skin tones would not show up and default to a pale skin tone during cut scenes.

It's similar to another error that I've seen in MMOs when certain armors have sections that show skin, and end up defaulting to a pale skin color on that piece of armor while the rest of the character model is considerably darker.

Here's hoping that GW2 doesn't fall into that. Seeing your character turn into "Two Tone McGoo" during a an epic cut-scene can spoil the immersion.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 8:32AM KDolo said

I remember when APB did this

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 10:49AM Space Cobra said

@Mikx

I know, I know. They aren't angels (although they certainly get the law on their side; they can change the writing/conditions on "iron-clad" contracts at a whim but not us "mere mortals". The system is unfair.

It's just my personal morality going up against this. Of course any non-existent court of my soul can say if I lied once, I can do it again (and yes, they are unfair in that black-white assessment).

We'll see...

@KDolo

Good call there!

@Silver001 (Very earlier in comments section)

Meh, give the ugly sliders to all! I like and appreciate diversity.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 12:42PM Space Cobra said

Update:

With Joystiq, they seem to be using both systems for comments.

Here on Massively, they went with only the new system for a few posts, but have "slipped" with the newer posts! "Notch's Oc10c" post.

This goes to show, that anything spelled with a "y" in its name rather than correct spelling, tends to be lame! (SyFy being a double-offending example!) LiveFyre....sheesh!

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 5:47PM Delillo said

Methinks the "Megan Fox" one is closer to Katy Perry, though both could use a tad bit more on the skank slider.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM