Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:19PM BobbyChin said

@Space Cobra

Exactly, this is their same train of thought when I try to pick their brains. They don't want any pressure to earn money when they play, they just want to play for fun. I'm a power-gamer who likes to level as efficiently as possible and make the most currency possible in any game I play, so the keys to having fun and the keys to success are the same thing for me in this game.

Whether I'm losing money on a mob in Entropia or not getting any XP anymore for killing a mob too far below my level in WoW, I'll switch my strategy even if I like killing that mob, my friends would do the same. Yet they still insist that their gaming experience should be only just for fun. For my friends playing just for fun is like some sort of religious thing to them. To each his own I guess.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 4:33PM Anhithe said

This Land deed scheme was started at the beginning of December and if this investor had bought $2.5 million dollars worth at the beginning they would have received approx $239500 to date (based on previous payouts). That's nearly 9-10% return already in 5 months with the deeds having a resale value.

The company will be using the money to market itself which could increase the return still further. It's definitely a higher risk investment but as are most things offering a high return.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 6:38PM Beholder87 said

It is a high risk investment, but the game has been out since January 2003, so there's a good chance it has already weathered the test of time. If it managed to survive WoW's release (November 23, 2004), I think it can manage.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:01PM jakofascalon said

Dude... people are going hungry all over the world, and this idiot drops two mil on a video game? WTF?!?!?!?

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 7:33PM BobbyChin said

• 1 heart
@jakofascalon

Most people who INVEST in this game, do it for their own livelihood, I speak as a long term player who actually knows people have INVESTED heavily in the game. They do it to put food on the table, of course there is an element of leisure to it as well, but if these investments didn't put food on the table, there's no way any of these people would invest a thousandth of what they put in.

Would you fault someone for investing in the stock-market or investing capital to start up their own business so they can put on the table for their kids? You people who know nothing about the game say such ignorant things...

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 9:53PM pancho72 said

When people invest in the stock market, they invest in companies that produce things, add literal value in some way thats why there is a return on investment.

A game like this is a closed system, the only value that can be taken out is the money others put into it. The closest comparison is a pyramid scheme or gambling. For someone to make money others need to lose money, and since the developers of this game probably want their money first the player base as a whole will have a net loss.

Posted: Apr 5th 2012 6:43AM Yarg2011 said

@pancho72 hits the nail on the head.

Posted: Apr 8th 2012 1:33PM Valkesh said

@ Space Cobra

Don't play nice with the narcissistic sociopath.