Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 1:39PM (Unverified) said

Before this bit of lore, I didn't realize that the dragons were like WoW's Burning Legion: They invade and conquer worlds. So far I've only seen speculation of entering the planar rift worlds for an expansion of the game's world. But it sounds like there are other undiscovered worlds out there as well for Trion to expand the lore to.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 2:39PM hami83 said

@(Unverified) If you read some of the in-game books, they do mention other worlds, and explain how Telera is a world at the nexus point of all the elemental planes.

That there are other worlds that have been consumed, but Telera is special because of how much sourcestone is on the world.

Whether this is a hint future content patches or even expansions will take us to these other worlds or even the planes themselves remain to be seen.

WoWs lore talks about lots of worlds that the Burning Legion has consumed they the devs could go to, but they never have.

Heck, there's suppose to be one more major landmass on Telera called Shi-Ming that we haven't seen yet, and there's still large areas of land they need to develop still with what they already have.

But I ALWAYS wanted an MMO that has multiple large open worlds (Old Republic doesn't count, most of those worlds barely felt like worlds)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 10:00PM (Unverified) said

@hami83

Nice, thanks for explanation. I hadn't heard any of that. Makes me excited for potential new zones. :)

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 6:39AM avaloner said

@(Unverified) Yep just like WOWs burning legion as a rip of of books like Raymod E fiest where there was a universe conquring deamon horde (hell the dragons in RIFT as a bit of a rip-off of Fiest also as there was world conquring dragons/riders in his books to). I'm sure fans of WAR and many other IPs from prewarcraft can point out many other simularities in both game's law to other IPs.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 1:53PM wilus84 said

• Half a heart
Well well well, I gotta say Rift it was nice knowing you but there is so many MMOs coming out this year it's insane. We have Tera, The secret world, Guild wars 2 and last but not least Pandas for WoW. Holy batman gaming this year is gonna be AWESOME!. As for Rift I tried the game out awhile back again to see how it was doing and man the low level zones were quiet. So I guess all the people that are committed to the game aren't going to make low lvl players. Well that's my 2 cents I'm out!

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 4:06PM Scott Ossington said

@wilus84 that's weird I just got the game and the lower levels are bustling. Might be the server I picked, but so far I am having fun with it.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 11:34PM Typhron said

@Scott Ossington Looking at this guy's comment history one probably shouldn't take what he says at face value.

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 6:44AM avaloner said

@wilus84 Swtors low level areas are also largly empty on alot of servers. I am sure after GW2, SW etc come out it will be much the same. Unless your silly enough to think those games will have comparable growth to WOW in its first few years of release and thus be busy in all level ranges even long after release and going against all industry trends of busy launch then a steady decline of users... If you do think that then you might also think pigs fly...