Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 8:01PM (Unverified) said

I love their design. Always very detailed in game :D

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 8:25PM jimr9999us said

@(Unverified)

I do to...shame it's more hawt loot I will never see.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 8:28PM (Unverified) said

I just got into a guild that raided during times i can play so its possible....on the other hand I have friends just can dedicate 2-3 hours at a time

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 8:29PM Ehra said

That caster sword is sexy to the max.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 8:32PM Ehra said

@Ehra

Although I do need to add that almost all of the cloth helmets in this game are the worst looking headwear I have seen ever. Thank the Vigil for my Adventurer's Hat.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 9:19PM JohnD212 said

I think that is great but I agree...they need to start showing a little more love to those who don't raid. I'm tired of getting loot that looks just like everyone else...I mean I just don't have time to Raid...but I pay the same price every month and would like to have a little sparkle and bling on my character. Trion...if you're listening...give us normal, non raid players a little love ok?

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 1:25AM avaloner said

@JohnD212 I would argue that they have given you more love then raiders. The last 20 man raid was Hammerknell and between now and then all that was released for raiders was a 10 man raid.

Non raiders has ember isle quest chains, another chronicle, more zone events, Master mode dungeons another massive 5 man dungeon, geting raid tokens by completing 5 man dungeons and probably other stuff I can't think of at the moment. Soon they will also be getting two (or is it three?) new profesions.

So in some ways it could be argued that they pander more to non-raiders then raiders. So unless you want high-end raid gear even thou you don't want to raid then there is plenty to do as a non-raider, the gear (if that is peoples prime motivator to play) just wont be quite as good, and really why should it be?

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 4:09AM Gaugamela said

@avaloner
People that complain about attention given to raids don't want the devs to give equal attention to other components of the game. They want the devs to stop developing raids period. They're hypocrites considering the amount of content that Rift released that caters to non-raiders.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 6:24AM Dril said

@Gaugamela

Exactly.

Rift is so nice to people who don't raid (as is pretty much every MMO these days) it's amazing how people still complain about not receiving love for non-raiders.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 7:10AM darzin said

@avaloner To the three people above you -- I hadn't realized that because you raid, Trion stopped you from doing all of the things you mentioned were given to non-raiders? How do they restrict you from doing them?

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 10:45AM Ehra said

@darzin

They're kept from doing other types of content just as much as you're kept from doing raids.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 9:10AM Pasha said

I wish they implemented DAoC-like open world PvP with all that finesse they use in PvE development...

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 12:33PM Daeths said

so is this going to be Raid 2 gear like HK or are they adding a R3 tier already? And if they aren't i have to wonder beyond skins what use most of these items would be to many raiders.

Betawatch: November 15 - 21, 2014

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 8:00PM

The Stream Team: No more Landmark tour deaths!

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 3:00PM