Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 4:53PM (Unverified) said

My first playthrough of the Diablo 3 Beta took me 1 hr, 36 mins. Never died. Demon Hunter. I felt no urge to go back to the start of Act I and play another alt. It was a very mediocre, boring experience.

There will be greater levels of difficulty, but to get to a serious challenge I'll have to play through the game 4 times (normal, nightmare, hell, inferno).

It will sell millions of copies because its Blizzard*. But if this was a new franchise without 10 years of loyalty built into the brand name, I doubt this game would be worth half the hype its gotten to date.

(*remember though, the first million are essentially for free as part of the annual pass for WoW)

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 6:11PM SalmonofAges said

@(Unverified) D2 was the same - the first area was p1$$ easy. I agree, thier is little challenge in that first zone, but it is a beta, merely designed to test systems, etc. Plus, how much more of the game is there? Plenty I should think. I'll judge it after it ships, not on a half baked beta version.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 5:42PM DemonXaphan said

Well this is not the same Blizzard the made Diablo, Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: LoD. Like them or not this is a changed company with different people instituting their ideas into the game, and no matter how much they try to stay true to the core principles, i'm not seeing the game as it used to be.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 7:08PM (Unverified) said

D3 beta is orders of magnitude easier. You can die to Blood Raven in normal D2 if you're not careful. It takes an hour just to get out of stonefield. Getting to level 10 in D2 takes several hours, and has some non-insignificant boss fights along the way.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 6:39PM Tezcatli said

I'm no longer a fan of Blizzard. Their actions lead me to believe they are no longer the artists they once claimed to be. That is not to say they can't make good games anymore. But that their decisions are governed by profit instead of the desire to deliver a polished game.

However, while it won't be the nostalgia of diablo days of yore, it'll hopefully still be a solid game. I know some people that want to get it. So I'll get it for the sake of playing with them. But I also prefer Diablo's art style to what I've seen of PoE.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 9:18PM Cirocco said

Hmm, never heard of Path of Exile...time to investigate...

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 6:27AM Stellar25 said

@Cirocco There is almost more talk of PoE than D3 here.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 10:39PM (Unverified) said

I had a blast playing Path of Exile this last weekend. There were a few minor annoyances but all in all, I like where they are going with this game..

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly