Posted: Mar 31st 2012 4:17PM AstralEcho said

As far as lore-based articles go, this one in particular feels a bit poorly researched.

For one, you're missing an entire city as far as those that exist in lore but can't be reached yet: Sharlayan. This one even ties a bit into the original main storyline, and the ongoing primal content.

Two, there's a good deal of information about Ala Mihgo and Ishgard between the grand company quests released in patch 1.20 and the job quests in patch 1.21 (Monk and Dragoon in particular). I think this one strikes me as particularly bothersome because the article spins the two cities as being a lot less fleshed out than they've become in recent months.

Overall this one does a poor job of representing the game and its world compared to the previous city features, and it isn't for lack of information.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 4:26PM (Unverified) said

Going ahead, I'm thinking that Sharlayan might play a more important role than Ala Mhigo. I have a feeling that AM will be the Tavnazia of Final Fantasy XIV. We'll see it from a cliff or something and never be able to go there.

Who knows though, maybe they'll surprise us.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 10:34PM Otakkun said

FF XIV: the story of how a gorgeous game can go horribly wrong. It's been such a long time since I last played it that this article gave me the idea of taking a look at it, but the sole idea of actually paying for it just seems hilarious.

I can only hope S-E tries to make something akin to FFT online next.

Posted: Apr 1st 2012 10:35AM (Unverified) said

@Otakkun
If you think the game today plays the same as it did during open beta, at launch or even plays the same as 6 months ago you're sorely mistaken.

FFXIV might not be a juggernaut of a MMO, but the game has made huge strides to turn itself around. @ 7.99 a month it's worth it.

Posted: Apr 1st 2012 12:02PM jjones24 said

@Otakkun Lol, another person that has not played FFXIV in so long tries to speculate on the status of the game. News for you, it's not dead or dieing. I believe it's making a rather strong comeback, there are new players everyday.

Posted: Apr 1st 2012 11:14AM alzeer said

"Ishgard offers no aid in the fight against the Empire and asks for none in return"

reminds me FFXI Aht Urhgan

Posted: Apr 2nd 2012 4:57PM (Unverified) said

I'm honestly surprised that Massively still reports on FF11 and FF14 other than major news. The impression I get is that hardly anyone plays either of them anymore. Especially since SE admitted how bad FF14 is. If the company that made a game says it's bad, it must be really, really bad.

If I was SE, I would hand over the reigns of MMO development to someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe beg Hironobu Sakaguchi back while they are at it. Pay him whatever the hell he wants. I want Final Fantasy to not suck anymore.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 8:59PM shojikareza said

@(Unverified) o_O not sure why or where u get info on hardly ppl play anymore for FFXIV, but is getting steadily increasing!

Posted: Apr 3rd 2012 10:29PM (Unverified) said

To what? 15,000?

Posted: Apr 4th 2012 12:44AM shojikareza said

@(Unverified) is steadily going up.

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays