Posted: Mar 31st 2012 12:11PM thegreenmonkey69 said

Nice, played AO for many years, it's good to see the updates are finally happening. Now I'll have to see if I can reactivate my account. The Syndicate all the way!

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 12:38PM Oyjord said

I'm sorry, but I let Funcom string me on with this "graphic update" for YEARS and YEARS. I gave up hoping for it long ago.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 1:36PM avaloner said

@Oyjord I heard the job was left to an inturn and some stray cat they found out on the street. So don't be to hard on them, that cat has a bright future, so bright it needs to wear shades!

Ok i'm drunk so i'll shut up now.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 12:51PM AstralEcho said

I was debating resubbing last night in light of the changes to the market, as that was the one barrier preventing me from buying my own instanced city to farm AI raids...but every time I resub, it's out of hope for the future of the game moreso than any interest in the current state of it. With how long it has been taking them to get the engine out, plus now the added work on rebalancing and the new player experience (which themselves have been in development for at least a year or more), I feel like the best approach now is to just wait until it happens.

Still, I'm glad to see the game continues to see active development this far into its life. AO was easily my favorite MMO of all time for a multitude of reasons, and I'll be more than happy to return once there's a more solid release date for the new features.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 1:15PM jakofascalon said

Yeah, as a new player trying it for the first time, I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I'm hoping "the new player experience" will change that, but I've been hearing the same thing for EVE for a long time and it still hasn't happened.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 3:20PM Acidbaron said

The UI is something that has to be high on the list of revamps, cause while knowing the new engine is a major improvement and the profession revamps (hurray for engineers getting TS skills as Nano Skills)

The UI is still a major pain point and truely something that has been changed majorly since the start of the game.

For the rest beter F2P and i'm all game again, used to have multiple paid accounts and still would pay for it, considering the lack of decent sci-fi mmo's out there, yes there's EVE and currently running 2 accounts there aswel but it's a different ball game then AO completely.

Just hope they don't go too far with a streamlined quest approach a la AoC, was never one of the main attractions of AO and isn't one of the main things i'm hoping for.

Posted: Mar 31st 2012 6:17PM (Unverified) said

"She reports that while the team was happy to show off the upgraded graphics engine this past week, there's still a ways to go before it hits live."

No, really? I'm shocked! At this stage I'm going to play it safe and assume that "a ways to go" equals "jeez, we better start looking at doing that new graphics engine sometime this decade".

Posted: Apr 1st 2012 4:15AM SkuzBukit said

The Graphics update on this is taking longer than most other entire MMO's have been in development, I'm not getting back into this game until it actually happens, & like the above poster says the UI is horrible and needs a full work-over.

Posted: Apr 1st 2012 12:15PM ApathyCurve said

"while the team was happy to show off the upgraded graphics engine this past week, there's still a ways to go before it hits live."

Oh FFS. This is absurd. Do it, or don't. Just quit talking about it.