Posted: Mar 29th 2012 9:38PM Atlasraven said

The skills and perks are the best part!

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 4:32AM BoscoZebra said

I am so very excited about new camo patterns and the Hellcat!

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 7:47AM (Unverified) said

I haven't played in months. I need to get back into the battle.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 8:01AM Pasha said

Sadly, I'm too new to the game (3 days, lvl4 light tank) to appraise how exactly 0.7.2 is good for me?

I've considered myself harcore MMO player with 14 years of experience started in Ultima Online and idea of tank battles without craft and actual role-playing part seemed to be too "arcadish". However under "pressure" of RL friends (almost everyone play WoT) I've tried the game 3 days ago - and it's a blast. Especially after 3 months of dull open world PvP on Ilum in SWTOR and extremely slow and overcomplicated EVE Online where you can lose ships costing weeks and months of time to craft and purchase. No wonder there are like 400.000-1.000.000 people online in WoT at any given moment.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 10:08AM (Unverified) said

So is this free to play? I have not tried it but looks like it could be amazingly fun! What are the monthly costs / stipulations?

Thx!

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 10:22AM Verus said

@(Unverified)

Yes the game is free to play. You can spend money to get an increase in credit/xp per battle and there are certain premium tanks but that is optional.

I have played since closed beta more than two years ago and in those two years I have spent perhaps 20 dollars at most and have several high tier tanks anyway.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 11:26AM Pharaoh said

anyone who wants to get into the game a spend time playing on a casual basis need never spend a dime on the game. only by the time you have played hundreds (if not thousands) of battles would you know whether you would like to invest some real money into the game. a 'premium' sub cost under $15/month as, as mentioned, increases credit and experience earning rate by 50%. some tanks can be bought with real money, but are actually less combat-effective then their earned counterparts, except that they earn more credits.

before anyone jumps on the 'pay2win' bandwagon, i will concede that purchasing gold ammo does grant an advantage on the field, but it is so expensive, it it used almost exclusively in tournament play, and you would rarely see it in the public matches (it is frowned upon, really) that occupies your play-time.

if you want to jump right into matches with the big boys, then you would really have to buy your way there with real money, but would likely find yourself so outmatched in tactics, that you would do poorly without earning your way to the top. i play in tier IX and X matches now, but never bought a tank with real money, and still spend time with some of my first few tanks because it is still very fun to play them, too!

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 1:41PM meanicK said

6mio points for a heavy tank.

noooo no thanks.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM