Posted: Mar 29th 2012 6:01PM Esturk said

@dudemanjac

You ready for this? This is going to blow your mind... Join a community you enjoy.

Sure, some games have a bad community, but that doesn't mean you have to play with them. Besides, if devs want to attract a good community, they'll find a way. Take a look at GW2, it's impossible to grief other players. Pretty good start.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 6:33PM dudemanjac said

@Esturk
I know next to nothing about GW2, but I'll be looking into this. How does this brilliant solution help me in a game that I like that has a bad community?

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 5:41PM EilertAlemat said

I would. No one described model it would work so I imagine best way it could be implemented and I will certainly pay a little extra to play on such server. And I pay a little on top for access to player ranking system. As it was mentioned good to know who you PUG with.

I hope someday someone implements GM-mastered bounty boards or system of penalties. Rather then charging regular players for special ruleset on some servers they could declare this servers special and apply something like slowered xp progress, general chat blocking and such for misbehavior.

GM bounty board is good thing also. While I'm for bounty board on any server in general when GM decides to declare bounty on someone it's nothing like guild-hunting or player bounty board. They can make very flexible system because they have root access, system that actually will work.

Give griefer a little of his own medicine. Block troll from most used chat channels. Don't ban them - they paid for access, all right, they have it. But they didn't pay neither for insulting others nor for ruining other's gameplay.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 7:05PM Esturk said

You could join a guild of like minded players. As I said, join a community you enjoy.

I don't feel that we, the players, need to be nickel and dimed. If the devs want us to play their game, maybe they should make a game to support a better community.

Or just demand it, but not with your wallet... Demand it by playing a game that supports a better community. I know I will.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 7:52PM dudemanjac said

@Esturk
Except the only thing they understand is wallets. If they can make ppl happy by giving a willing mass the ability to get away from undesirables by dropping a few bucks, i don't see a problem. the only ppl missing out are the ones who stayed behind who no longer get to bother serious players.

Joining a guild seems like a good idea, but do you want to limit yourself to that limited of a player base? I also don't know how devs "make a game to support a better comunity."

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 2:20AM Muwing said

I'd pay, because my game experience would be better, and it's worth it.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 10:54AM xyna031 said

Im always going to be a funcom hater no matter what and i don't care, after what they did to AoC player base and still act like everything is allright.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 1:14PM Borz said

Exactly. I know it's been debated over and over. I'm not sure if it is just a younger generation of console gamers that are not used to having to be civil or what, but the community has certainly changed for the worst over the years.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014