Posted: Mar 30th 2012 12:53AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Krelian

Pretty weak I have to admit. Spend some time on Kugu, you need to troll properly.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 12:53AM kgptzac said

The system was pretty broken and the main issues are not fixed in this change. The change gives better protection for large corps, such as eve uni, against wardecs from small and alt corps with the intention to shut down the larger corp's activity.

The patch changes so it will be relatively easier to (somewhat indefinitely) have wardecs on small corps, who are less likely able to afford hiring mercs or have a bunch of friends waiting to help them. It doesn't change the dreaded neutral RR scenarios that has been plagued Highsec engagements. And lastly, it doesn't change the fact that the wardec system will still be not more meaningful than a tool to grief.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 4:13AM oddshrub said

@kgptzac
Well the neutral RR is going to be fixed once the new crime watch hits the game since it'll get you flagged as a suspect (or maybe blown up I forgot).

Nobody is going to want to be come a suspect for RRing since it'll make everyone in highsec able to kill you without charge.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 4:15AM anduz said

@kgptzac
I don't think CCP regards small corps being war-deced forever as a problem to be honest.

It's probably not what solo corp mission runners would like to hear, but they're not really an asset to the game outside of being blown up.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 1:07PM kgptzac said

@anduz

I think that's a head-in-sand approach of seeing things (even though Eve a sand box game). They are participants of Eve's economy and they (maybe) pays CCP for their subscription.

Provided many "small" corps are created by individuals with intention only use them to evade taxation, there are legitimate small corps that house close-knit group of friends, or maybe future megacorps that are just starting; it's hard to tell them apart.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 5:06AM mysecretid said

@SgtBaker1234556

You're one up on me, Sarge. I'm still not sure what he was trolling about , precisely.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 6:56AM dudes said

'working as intended' is a phrase I'm growing to dislike. But this warfare declaration system does look interesting.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 7:08AM Pasha said

• Half a heart
It seems my 3 accounts will remain frozen for at least +14 months: this "expansion" has no use for me, hi-sec and WH carebear.

I wish CCP used polls to ask every player what do they really want? Including frozen accounts. Especially owners of frozen accounts - which I suspect are like x20 compared to amount of active accounts. And follow common sense instead of fantasies about full-scale galaxy warfare and $1000 pixel pants. There is not much fun in blowing up internetpixelships which costs days/weeks of time to craft/purchase.

For me it's a miracle this game didn't get perma-running "arenas" with ladder after almost 10 years of development - there sociopaths and overachievers could blow up each other all day long instead of miners and traders during hulkageddons and burning Jita madness.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 4:25PM (Unverified) said

@Pasha : sounds like you don't actually want to play EVE. Given that apparently CCP's plans for EVE include keeping it as EVE, rather than changing it into a different game, then yes, your accounts probably should stay frozen.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 11:16AM Greymantle said

Every time I joined a small and promising corp it would get war dec and soon there after the corp would fall apart. I know its a pvp game at heart but it is what it is a lot of people don't care about the forced pvp.

This was a big part on why I don't play Eve anymore.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 6:49PM iowahawkeyedave said

@Greymantle I agree with you completely. I joined at least 4 or 5 different corps and that happened to each one of them. Just because there is PVP there shouldn't be forced PVP.

Posted: Mar 30th 2012 2:33PM (Unverified) said

Damn. I was hoping you could get a drunk ex-EVE player to call out your enemies in front of a live audience.

Guess that "declaration of war" demo wasn't as successful as they'd hoped.

~Vaish

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM