Posted: Mar 28th 2012 9:46PM Borick said

Tab-target button-masher.

TERA has girlies with bunny ears too, without the same tired combat mechanics.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 1:29AM blackcat7k said

@Borick

No, TERA has pedophile bait in the form of lolicons with animal ears/tails. The combat is a welcome change, but there definitely doesn't seem to much else to separate it from MMOs people have already played.. Unless that political system can save it, the combat isn't going to carry it forever.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 1:59AM (Unverified) said

@Borick

A wild Fanboi appears!
Fanboi uses spurious logic.
It's super effective!

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 10:42AM (Unverified) said

@Borick

I agree that TERA seems to have better combat and the extreme levels of cuteness from the Elin are indeed hard to beat, but once you do get pass the action and visuals TERA is rather lacking it seems. If WildStar is able to bring out the personality of their excellent trailer in the game as story then this could give them an edge as TERA's presentation through their quests/cinematic is horrible despite the possibilities of their lore. Also TERA's environments lack much, if any, interactivity; which is such a shame since they are generally very beautiful. I think it still remains to be seen just how much interactivity is in WildStars world, so they might have an edge here. Anyway, despite my disdain for the tab styled combat, I'm still hopeful for WIldStar when everything is taken together.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 2:19PM Borick said

@(Unverified) Great reply.

TERA has horrible implementation in questing, the story does -not- read in a western voice, cutscenes interrupt your gameplay at inobvious times without seeming to add any hook to the story.

It's also not as 'open world' as the website claims. The world is full of invisible walls and none of the level design so far has done anything to 'wow' me. Certainly the spaghetti-trail flight pathing is nothing to write home about.

I'm certainly wary of TERA. I'm not a 'fanboi'. I'm a cynical asshole. In my arrogant opinion there isn't a single game that's 'got it right', but the combat element is a surprising twist to a stale genre, and one that I think other studios should look at.

But on the topic of Wildstar, what trips my bullshit meter is the disconnect between the Pixar-quality cinematics and the 'WoW-in-space' look of the actual game. It looks better than SWTOR, that's apparent, but that's also not saying much.

Posted: Mar 28th 2012 11:11PM LeonX84 said

I've been on all of the beta for Tera and so far all I see is that it has a strong PvE element but broken PvP system... They messed the PvP up after beta 2 and its starting to get really boring for 20+ levels... And yes I play on the PvP servers.

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 3:13PM jonrd463 said

Was I the only one who caught the Lonely Island references? :D

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM