Posted: Mar 27th 2012 11:50AM (Unverified) said

Nice writeup. I liked how you kept most of the story driving elements the same (shaman daughter, Clawspur) and only differed in one aspect (legion) to see how much this one change affected each story. Very scientific.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 12:00PM nevin said

Hate to compare as they are different games but this sounds a much more interesting implementation than the TOR version.
While the TOR stories are interesting the first time, there's very little replay value imo.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 3:45PM fdisk said

@nevin The only thing I can say to that is that TOR is very story driven, in fact, the only reason I can think of to play TOR over Star Wars is the story. Guild Wars 2 is different in that the story plays a big part, sure, but the real meat of the game is found in the active events and PvP. Even if the story gets boring, playing the game won't.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 12:09PM haagentazz said

Thanks Elisabeth! Before reading this, I wasn't sure how much each legion differed from the other two. Sounds like Anet has done an awesome job with the story and showing what each of the legions are all about. Now I'm even more curious about how the other character creation choices will affect the story. (Which of the human gods to pick now? ...)

Also, thank you for the Livestream last night! You answered several questions I had and the footage you captured was awesome!

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 4:17PM Tom in VA said

Like you, Elizabeth, I love rolling alts.

In a game such as WoW, however, the only significant impact playing an alt has on your game is in the faction you choose and the class you play; the only effect of rolling different races is a different starter area.

That's *some* variety, to be sure, but for an alt lover, I greatly appreciate any uniqueness the devs can provide can to differentiate alts. This is one of the reasons I enjoy SWTOR so much -- not because each alt's experience is unique, but because each alt's experience is a damn sight more unique than in any other MMO I've ever played.

It looks as though GW2 is going to be quite delightful in this respect.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 6:54PM cyanpill said

Aha, I had seen footage of the blood legion story, and was turned off from rolling a charr, but this is making me think an ash or iron could be more my style.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 9:19PM c0gnit0 said

Can we get spoiler alerts? While I appreciate the deluge of information from the beta weekends, spoiling the entire 1-10 plot of starting characters is kinda disappointing...my only hope is that I forget everything I've read...and before you say "Well stop reading once you realize what it is," know that I'm one of those people who has to finish what they start reading. Maybe it's OCD but I can't stop halfway through an article :(

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 9:21PM c0gnit0 said

@c0gnit0 First 5 levels. Stupid edit button where are you

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 9:58PM (Unverified) said

@c0gnit0
Wait, are you serious? The title is "life in the legions," the first half of the article clearly sets up that you're talking about story, and she says "unique storylines" and "let's take a look at..." and tells you precisely what's coming. Not to mention this doesn't seem to cover any choices.

Posted: Mar 28th 2012 5:39PM Vandal said

Very nice to hear how the stories branch depending on your choices. Story is an important part of MMOs for me and it's great to hear the attention ArenaNet is giving them in GW2.

Posted: Mar 28th 2012 6:10PM Vandal said

Posted: Mar 28th 2012 11:19PM nagennif said

While I usually read all your articles, I skipped/skimmed a big part of this one. I'm a big fan of experiencing story for myself (and I am a mad altoholic, like you).

One of the main reasons I've wanted to play this game so bad is the personal storyline (though all the other facets are just amazing as well).

I'm gonna need 5000 character slots. lol