Posted: Mar 26th 2012 7:13PM (Unverified) said

Whoa...deja vu. I was asking these very same questions in the comments on the post about the producer interview, but of course you can't identify who it was because after 3 years of having an account on this site I still can't freaking verify it so I can use a personal username!

Totally agree with everything MJ said here, but can someone tell me how or even if I can verify my account? This is getting really annoying! Don't the users of this site deserve better?

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 9:21PM Marchosias said

Good article.......Nicely done.....Props to the writer..

I myself am waiting for April 11th, and the lack of info is overwhelming. If you go to the official site, there is questions everywhere and few answers..

Why is NC not forthcoming in giving info on it? What exactly would be the point? Wouldnt you want to generate more buzz with unreleased info?

Im confused...........Cant figure this one out..

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 10:20PM cubebomb said

Aion was amazing. Just that i will be too buzy with Tera and gw2 so sorry. free to play is way to late

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 12:12AM Valentina said

Something tells me AION f2p is going to end up more successful than TERA....

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 11:05AM Fabius Bile said

@Valentina
doubtful, all F2P will achieve will be an inmense pool of hackers running rampant and goldfarmers spamming trade chat every split second.

have fun

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 11:20AM Fabius Bile said

@Valentina
not to mention Aion is an inmense grind on the epic level, first for exp and then for AP. the second one specially goes beyond crazy, it puts good old L2 to shame.

Compared to the sheer amount of content that TERA offers with a quick, fast leveling, barely no grind (for an asian title) and the open world pvp (no factions) puts Aion way second on the line.

you seem to forget there is a reason why Aion had to go F2P.
because its a BAD game that noone wanted to play in the first place.

being free will sure lure a big bunch of penniless freeloaders, but even that kind of people have a limit to how much they can grind, and Aion will push them over that limit, believe me.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 12:24AM Ghostspeaker said

Funny you should post this today, I was just talking about it earlier with a friend of mine.

I've been back in Atreia the past week or so and am finding myself falling in love with it again. The game's improved so much the past year and a half since I last played. It's got my favorite implementation of vanity pets ever, the art design is even more gorgeous than I remember, and combat is pretty fun if not completely revolutionary. Still really dislike RNG-based crafting, but the work order system makes it at least bearable.

But the lack of info about the transition is frustrating as hell and it's frankly making me anxious. I know we'll find out in just 2 weeks either way, but the tight lips about the cash shop makes me wonder what they're hiding. It's probably just baseless paranoia (NCSoft already transitioned Lineage 2 while handily avoiding most of the pitfalls usually associated with these things), but it'd definitely ease my mind if they were a little more forthcoming than they are.

TL;DR version: This is a good post and you should feel good. :D

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 3:10PM Yarr said

Typical lack of info from NCWest, so not a surprise. They seem to be little more than a pretend studio that just passes along whatever info NCSoft Korea deems their western players should be allowed to eventually know. Assuming more than just a few people are even left at NCWest anymore. Aion is a fun game and world, just has a terrible division running it in the west. Imagine if NCSoft got smart and let their ArenaNet studio run the game, as well as fix the RNG and do a true westernization of the game. Keep the good design work done by the Korean devs, but not have so many time wasting game cafe features; this isn't the Korean market.

Not to start a TERA vs Aion war, but after playing in this weekend's TERA event I was less than impressed with TERA. Aside from the ex-NCWest EN Masse crew running it in NorthAm, and the convicted thieves that set up BlueHole Studio, the game is exactly what I've seen Korean players say about it: pretty graphics, somewhat fun combat that quickly becomes a repetitive brainless mouse click-fest with occasional skill use, generic kill ten rats and FedEx quests with laughable lore, etc. On top of that the westernized voice-overs range from okay to embarrassingly bad. The characters look like they are made of water balloons, run funny, jump weirdly, etc. Maybe if you look at the game as a parody of Asian games (kind of a weird take on Final Fantasy mixed with Lineage) it makes sense? I might try it again when it goes F2P; and it will rather quickly. Would be funny if the NCSoft vs BlueHole/En Masse lawsuit in the west ends with them agreeing to work together, convert the game to F2P and then share the profits. Might actually be the best for TERA players in the long run as well,which would be a good thing.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 7:38PM (Unverified) said

According to Nyx, there will be more info on 3.0 released this week. I hope it answers all these unanswered questions.