Posted: Mar 26th 2012 3:18PM pcgneurotic said

SOE Live. I like it. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 3:51PM Space Cobra said

...I dunno...

When I hear "LIVE" tagged onto a public event, I expect a band/music to be playing.

I understand/get the need to diversify; SOE wants to make a more all-in-one con and although Fan Faires have been that, the name seems to conjure up EQ-related things (I admit, it did with me!).

I mean, this could have the musical stylings of "Up with People" for all I know. :P They shoulda come to me and asked. I have a marketing number somewhere...can't sit and think of a good alternative (I am busy at work and just taking a few minutes off) but SOE could make it..."more extreme" in name terms, IMO.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 5:48PM Neiloch said

@Space Cobra Well its live in comparison to everything else they do which is all virtual.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 8:10AM Tatwi said

@Space Cobra Ah, but ye forget the sweet sound of music that is your favorite SOE dev answering fan questions! Or that gentle lullaby which is Brasse get'n her Dwarf on! Lol... I wish I could go to one of these, especially this one with PS2 being released around that time (and maybe even some Playstation 4 news to boot).

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 4:45PM Yellowdancer said

@Space Cobra

I think they just wanted to LIVE in lights. I like the new logo better than the old one.

Wouldn't be shocked if they changed their name next year.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 5:45PM Space Cobra said

@Yellowdancer

Oh yeah. It's a better looking logo for sure. Shiny and bright and not so much "Yellowed Parchment written on with Granny's quill pen".

Maybe instead of "F" (Fan Faire) they shoulda moved to "G"? (Gamer Gathering)?

Or "SOE-Gathering-LIVE"? Or "SOE-Gamer's Forum" (LIVE)?

Meh, I am still thinking...

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:48PM winterborn said

• 1 heart
People still go to thease things?
Of all the things to do in Vegas, it is sad this is where some go : (

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 7:11PM avidlurker said

• 1 heart
I've never played any SOE game but to me reading about it Fan Faire was simply the gamers convention SOE held...

My first thought was that they dropped all pretense this convention is for the Fan and instead for SOE ;-)

Sort of like the attention seeking child putting himself into the middle: me, me! ;-)

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM