Posted: Mar 26th 2012 2:04PM edgecrusherO0 said

So, is this just for the Japanese version I take it. When is the US version coming out!?!?!?

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 9:13AM MustardCutter said

@edgecrusherO0

Given that it hasn't even been announced for the western world, that asian games seem to take forever to be 'westernised' and that PSU in the west was atleast 6 months behind Japan, I wouldn't count on it being any time soon if at all.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 3:02PM (Unverified) said

If this extends to Android tablets then this is extremely awesome news. SEGA does seem to be leading the Japanese publishers in at least exploring the non-traditional gaming platforms. Hopefully NIS will follow suit too as I would love some Disgaea on a tablet.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 4:02PM Tobacco said

I really, really hope this comes to the US. I miss playing Blue Burst. ;_;

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 4:11PM Exitium said

@Tobacco You miss playing it? The official servers may have been shut down, but there are still private servers like SCHTHack that are up.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 4:36PM (Unverified) said

This better come to the US, omg. I spent literally thousands of hours across every previous version of the original PSO... The fact this is now free to play just made me cry a little with happiness.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 5:36PM Irem said

Normally I'm kind of "meh" when I see that an upcoming game will be F2P, but for this I think it's a great move. PSU probably would have done a whole lot better, especially over here, without the monthly fee. I really hope this will be coming to the US (preferably with an update schedule that isn't months and months behind the JP version).

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 5:50PM Space Cobra said

@Irem

I am thinking this as well. Unless the game for this version has seriously changed and offers more levels/variety, I can't imagine a sub-fee with it.

And I'll admit, I was spoiled on the first PSO with its "Buy the game and play for totally free online" initial support.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:17PM (Unverified) said

Was hoping for B2P so the temptation of making the cash shop stupid was nullified a little, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:39PM Bardbarian said

A. Awesome.
B. Please don't mess it up SEGA.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 7:36PM mattwo said

I wonder how much this will effect the longevity of the game. PSO died and PSU is dying.