Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:22PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

Yeah, I remember him (and recall Justin favors LotRO) and really, Pigs are in more places than Rats in that game if I recall.

I really should try re-log in and try it out again.... at least for the chance to play my Spider! (who is *not* a pig!).

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:38PM scfs123 said

Thats tough.
Boars always seem stronger then spiders for questing mobs in every game i play.
I never seen a boar raid boss though.

I'm with boar though, Stuns/Charges/Gores/Imaples vs Webs n Poison!

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 6:42PM (Unverified) said

Curses! I thought of spider-pig the moment I read the title too.

Although spiders creep me out, and I strongly dislike them, I gave them the vote. They're very interesting creatures to face, largely in part to that factor of creepiness. Plus, you often see spiders webbing up their victims, and I've seen much larger prey than pigs inside those cocoons. That and I've seen some pretty humongous spiders in games, WoW in particular.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 7:22PM Borick said

Pig.

You guys must not live in areas where spanish hogs have taken over. The things get BIG and dangerous and it requires a big bullet to get through that hide. Arachnids, even giant ones, wouldn't have a chance.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 7:34PM Space Cobra said

@Borick

Well, I know Wild Pigs, either escaped domestics or plain wild (Javelina) can be a dangerous nuisance, but we are talking about fantasy here and the spider tends to be more unrelatable/strange than a pig.

Sure, you can squash a spider, even a RL big one easier than a pig, but for the many other human psyches, it tends to create some irrational fear that make for good fantasy/fear fodder in stories.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 12:34AM Hammerbeard said

Giant Spider boss in a Rift dungeon impregnates players. Ugh.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 2:10PM Chiren said

Piggy

Because spiders are yucky and only good as mobs to kill.

Piggies are stout strong cute and furry - perfect to accompany adventurers in-combat and non-combat. Their hearts are brave, and they make good dinner companions, in more ways than one!

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 2:58PM Chiren said

@MrSquiggles

:D

I think spiders are winning because people are voting for monsters they can fight, not monsters they have a picnic with.

Also, http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/cute-pig-gaz.jpg

Posted: Mar 29th 2012 4:07AM try said

Spider says Piglets have delicious blood.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM