Posted: Mar 25th 2012 6:18PM Kalex716 said

I sure hope their ambitions for Incarna still includes CASINO's

IMO, its the easiest way to add features that still keep with the overall themes of eve, but don't require strange, forced, gunplay.

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 6:28PM Pasha said

• Half a heart
TL;DR Debugs, rebalance, incursions nerf, no new content for at least +14 months until next expansion.

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 7:15PM Artificial said

@Pasha Except for all the new content, and the fact that expansions are released every six months...

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 12:26PM (Unverified) said

@Pasha

someone was obviously high or have substantial comprehension impediments here, lol

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 6:47PM Deliverator said

"Massively, unfortunately, is not permitted to accept such travel stipends"
1) Good for Massively!
2) Can we send you? Could you put up a tip box or something?

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 11:13PM Brendan Drain said

@Deliverator As I understand it, the Joystiq integrity policy prevents us from accepting large gifts (including travel expenses to industry events) so that, if we give them negative press, they can't threaten us with event cancellation or whatever. Unfortunately, that doesn't work if we're not able to pay to send someone ouselves, it just leads to poor event coverage.

A tip jar kind of system could actually be possible with something like Kickstarter, it doesn't cost much to send someone from the UK to Iceland. If there's no budget to send me next year, I'll look into it. Next year is EVE's tenth year anniversary and DUST will have been out for over 6 months, so I just have to be there.

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 7:10PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the highlights BD.
I can't believe you did not get a complimentary ticket after all your years of faithful service.

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 7:38PM MaddZ said

I'm very excited for the idea of advanced smuggling.

PS: Probably should still add social "mini-games" to Incarna content. While everything they have listed certainly fits with the motif of EVE, I can imagine nothing else more fitting than a high-stakes game of cards where I just wagered my very expensive mission ship on a bluff :-)

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 11:17PM Brendan Drain said

@MaddZ Smuggling is one of those distant future things that's a few expansions away, but I'll be happy to see it when it comes too. Regarding cards, there's already card games where you bet with ISK and it's all run by players. Check out EOH Poker (EVE Online Hold'em), some people play high-stakes games with billions of ISK.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 12:17AM MaddZ said

@Brendan Drain

Thanks for the tip, though sadly I do not play EVE anymore. Real life has finally caught up to me, and I really can't give it my full attention in order to get the real "EVE experience".

About the only thing I have enough free time to do is run missions, and I think we can all agree that once you've seen them all, they really aren't that entertaining anymore.

Still, I love reading about EVE and keeping up with the patches and expansions. Hopefully DUST will be a little more my style (think, no more than 40 minute at a time available for game play, and only 2-3 times a week).

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 7:58PM (Unverified) said

Overall allot of good stuff here, and it is about time those missile boats get some love. Still not enough for me to reactive my accounts as the core of the game is still flawed and CCP is known for having great ideas but poor execution of those ideas, but they are moving in the right direction. Wish them luck with everything as New Eden is a pretty cool place, and I wouldn't mind coming back sometime.

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 8:26PM Maseno said

If they keep working on Incarna type things in the future I want to be able to walk around my ship........ and race chocobos!

Posted: Mar 25th 2012 10:43PM (Unverified) said

@Maseno
And I want to have my CQ filled with Exotic Dancers.

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 12:22AM rgolch said

Well, I think I finally believe they are serious about getting back in the spaceship business. And I'm glad Hilmar finally figured out that spaceships pay the bills.

I saw some concept art on new designs for the stealth bombers, and I thought they looked utterly beautiful. Hope they rework many of the other ships as well.

I can't wait to see what they do with faction warfare, as I think making that viable would do much for the game. Finally, one thing I would love to see is a big iteration on is exploring, as I think that's a huge untapped potential. I think they need to expand the range of things to do and sites to tap within the exploring profession.

Keep up the good work CCP. Give me reasons to maintain my sub!

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 5:31AM Calyptic001 said

Sounds awesome.

2 Things though,

Dust should of been intergrated to EVE rather than on a sperate platform then all the walking would of made sense, jump from your ship go and take targets in systems planets...

AND FINALLY UK PLAYERS CAN PLAY IN POUNDS!!!! this bugged me for ever.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM