Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:37AM Rhymelark said

I bought a new system for warcraft 3 and I just bought a new system in aticipation of Guild Wars 2 :)

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:37AM deathwombat said

I bought a PSP as soon as they announced Gran Turismo as a launch/near-launch title. 5 years later, when they finally released it, I was quite disappointed.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:38AM wahahabuh said

yes, I bought a PS3 for Disgaea 4 and a new PC for Guild Wars 2

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:38AM eLdritchZ said

back in the day when I was rocking a 2-86 I bought my first "real" PC to be able to run Starcraft, Diablo and CounterStrike

I would not however buy a console just to get around some "platform exclusive" BS... I'd rather just not play the game ;)

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:40AM SirUrza said

Yes... but not Dust.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:41AM Patently Right said

I bought a NDS lite for Pokemon Pearl/Diamond.

I shouldn't be alone in this, right? Right?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:42AM Jokkl said

Xbox/Wii yes... cause it doenst cost that much... PS3? No cause its to expensive just for Dust!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:43AM Svenn said

Yes, if that game was a Monster Hunter game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:45AM DarkWalker said

For one game: no.

For 4 or more games: possibly yes, but it depends on my purchased but unplayed games backlog (currently high thanks to GoG), how much I value the games, how much the console would cost, and how much I like the company behind the console - I wouldn't get an XBox even if it was free, for example.

Incidentally, since the NES era I've only purchased Nintendo consoles (though not every console; I skipped a couple generations). I always keep a game-worthy PC, and most games I actually want to play on the PlayStation and XBox consoles also get PC versions, which I prefer, while the games I want to play on Nintendo consoles are exclusives.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:46AM EuchridEucrow said

A game might tap me on the shoulder and let me know that it is finally time to upgrade or build/buy a new system but that is just an impetuous not the sole reason.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:48AM (Unverified) said

@EuchridEucrow Yea, exactly.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:53AM Rum said

i built a new computer specifically for Guild Wars 2 last year, i want to play it in max settings because it will be THE game for the next 5 years at least for me :)

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:53AM (Unverified) said

I plan on buying a console the day they stop making games on PC.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:53AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) But I did buy a new PC to play battlefield 3.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:53AM Kodiak said

Nope and especially not in the case of Dust when we have other games that cater to large scale warfare coming up as well.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:54AM Madrush said

Spent quite a bit on a PS2 when it was announced that Final Fantasy X would be exclusively on Playstation. Worth every penny.

Did the same thing for PS3. No comment on the FFXIII and FFXIII-2 abominations.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:56AM Scarecrowe said

No, I would not buy a platform of any sort for just one game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:03AM Greyhame said

Not really. I've got various versions of the XBox for Halo, but it was never the only reason I got one, since I did get other games for them (and the 360 was during my Mac years so it was the only way to play video games easily).

Would I? Just for one game, no. It would depend on what other games the system offered that I would be interested in because none are worth the price of one game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:03AM Cyclone Jack said

Nope. In fact, I ended up getting rid of my PS3 and Wii a month after launch because there weren't enough games that interested me.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:06AM Yellowdancer said

I know a few people who bought a PS3 for DCUO and that had a subscription. Some never purchased another game. Most of them are still playing.

I bought a Wii for Zelda so probably. But there was hype for the Wii back then.