Posted: Mar 23rd 2012 8:08AM nomore7734 said

@Graill440

"I do not do alts, i do not play content over again, regardless of what nifty idea wet behind ears developers think they created, fail."

Do you play MMOs? because it sounds like you don't. :o

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 6:44PM henbot said

I'm sick of websites forcing auto play features on their viewers.

i cant think of anything more off putting in my mind.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 7:35PM dudemanjac said

• 1 heart
@henbot I can. All sorts of things. Like posts being greyed out because they are not popular.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2012 12:38PM (Unverified) said

@henbot
It's funny. I downloaded the new SWTOR patch and started it up, waiting for things to load, etc. So I'm surfing through Massively, the SW music starts up, and I'm thinking "Awesome! New SWTOR patch allows sound in background!"

Nope, lame web video. -_-

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:36PM Acharenus said

Any word on cross server lfg for both pve/pvp?

Most servers are nearly empty especially at the level cap, it's not much of an mmo when grouping is an agonizing bore.

Games like wow, rift use such convenient tools that bridge the server gap and turn the games community into one big pool to group with brought the genre forward only for swtor to take several steps backwards.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2012 2:32AM roberticvs said

The first big turn-off in this game for me was noticing there are "Companion Gift Vendors". Why did this bother me? It took me out of the immersion of the game world, realizing there was what amounted to a candy store on every planet so I can get my companion to like me more. How ridiculous.

Then I noticed at fleet, there are both Light Side and Dark Side vendors, complete with little Dark and Light symbols above the kiosks. Also ridiculous. Why would such a thing exist in the SW universe? Who on the creative team approved of this?

Coming back to the topic of this post: The Legacy System: this is no more interesting than the free black/yellow crystals that one got for subbing early. Such things as collectibles, and "Jump through all these hoops to unlock this racial option" appeal to simple-minded people who enjoy collecting things. Developers' time would have been better spent creating a deep and immersive world in which to game, not what amounts to a row of gumball machines for $15.00 a month.

And to those who wonder why we complain: We want the industry to change, that's why we level reasonable criticism at these little celebratory "Look what the devs have for you NOW!" articles.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2012 7:46AM nevin said

I got to 50 in under 2 months and I was taking my time and I rarely get to the cap in any games as I have an alt-aholic problem. TOR is just no fun on subsequent runs.

Even if you play LS on one and DS on the other, you follow the exact same path pretty much. The choices you are offered have no overreaching impact on your direction or if they do, I've yet to witness it.

I see a quest hub now and I groan inside.