Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 3:01PM digitalheadbutt said

@Kalex716

You speak truths. I was going to go for a Twilek Republic character since i have barely touched that faction.

The other more exotic races would be a better incentive/reward. I would love to make a Devaronian Smuggler/Agent, a Duro Inquisitor a Voss anything since they look pretty rad. So many iconic races I would love to play as.

When they excluded races from launch, regardless of their reasoning, it diminished the game a bit in my mind. I prefer it was otherwise but I prefer to not dwell on it too much. Not worth getting worked up over. It is still an enjoyable game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:10PM Kovan said

• 1 heart
Still advertising the game with high ress textures that you cant actually get ingame i see.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:21PM KvanCetre said

@Kovan
Someone hasn't followed the patch, I see.

Those textures are actually just as shown.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 3:42PM Kovan said

@KvanCetre

Can you point me to where it says that high ress textures are back in the game in this update?

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:18PM KvanCetre said

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:30PM Softserve said

@KvanCetre My understanding was that they were only adding in high-resolution textures for character models.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:17PM Tezcatli said

Damn them. They tempt me to resub. Only reason I left is because my build disbanded into 6 different guilds. D:

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:18PM (Unverified) said

I don't want to level any more characters to 50. Outside of the class missions, it gets boring the 3rd time your leveling.

Please stop messing with this stuff and do a LFG tool so when I get on there is actually something to do instead of spamming local for a group then logging out to play something else.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 3:04PM Tom in VA said

The irony of the Legacy system is that it is really tailored mostly for players who love to play multiple alts, but you don't UNLOCK the legacy system unless you spend all your time maxxing out one character.

By the time I get any of my many characters high enough to lock this system, much of the advantage of it will be ... gone.

I like this game, but I think the Legacy content -- at least some of it -- should be accessible much MUCH sooner in the game. I've been playing TOR since January and have yet to get any character through Chapter 1, let alone up the level cap. Part of the reason for that is that I don't really like or look forward to the type of content waiting for me at the level cap: warzones (PvP and operations (raids) (both of which I utterly detest).

The Legacy System is a great idea, but the restrictions on its usage/accessibility are not well thought out, imo.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:55PM Space Cobra said

@Tom in VA

Pretty much agreement with me (and other posters). I don't want to pay 1.5 million in creds that, while I may make soon enough, would empty me out just to unlock a new race.

Also, while they keep saying, "We want to offer RPers a way to relate all their characters as family/allies" they miss the point. This benefits a solo player, but there are other players who log in together as RL family or RL friends and make such connections.

And really, there is, in my estimation, a HUGE number of RPers, almost half (more or less) that create character concepts that have NO links to other characters they create in-game. Bioware seems to either purposely miss this or they are just arrogant (And I am getting tired of their "blinders").

Also, they keep holding back info on any "future legacy developments" and while some of this may be planned-roll-out or "Let's surprise people", it mostly strikes me as they really do not know what they are going to add next so they quickly brainstorm ideas and then trot it like it was "the plan" all along.

Also, the server limit bugs me. If I could share Legacy XP in my account over multiple servers, I think more folks would be happy. Unfortunately, another short-sighted move (IMO) has last names connected to single servers. Code-wise, this seems like a relatively simple fix.

In any event, I am still enjoying the game and still slowly moving toward max level on one character (43) and having another one slowly moving as well (33). I do have other alts, but while I like them, I am not sure I should play them or just reroll (although my race unlocks only amount to Human and Cyborg for my 2 highest characters...)

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 3:20PM Marchosias said

• Half a heart
Yaaaawwwwnnnnn.....

Wow, im soo excited. Now I can have a family tree.............

Perhaps fix your lame pvp, lame half thought out Codex, non existant open world pvp, space on a rail system etc...

You can wash that pig however you want, its still a pig.......Just an average MMO that alot of carebears like....lol......

SWTOR is spectacularly average and always will be...............No matter what you Biodrones say....

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:07PM Masync9 said

Its a nice attempt but for some reason I just can't get that fired up about the whole legacy thing. I would be ok with a coalition but having them actually married to each other family tree kind of thing hmmm. Gahh! SWOTR babies!

At the guild summit one of the crowd members brought up a good point - so your guild is Empire side yet you are getting bonuses for the opposite side. If players leave to go play that character/side would that end up fracturing up the guild? The dev counter suggestion was guild alliances Empire - Republic side.

I am also worried about losing class identity, meaning there are key iconic abilities for example like force choke associated with a specific class but now its being spread all around?

The rest of the stuff for 1.2 I am pretty excited about and l look forward to how that will change our game world.

I also hope sometime in the near future they will release the exploration achievements and unlocks that they talked about during their dev posts.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:46PM Joaquin Crowe said

@Masync9 You obviously didn't see the iconic and heroic scene in ESB where Han force choked the space worm while he and Chewie were d1cking around in space.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:17PM Quarlo said

Should have been part of the game at launch. Would have influenced alot of the decisions I made while I played. Too little too late for me.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:27PM (Unverified) said

Seriously, why do all these criticizers cluster around just waiting to re-vomit the same old irrelevant crap in response to every blog on this site that mentions TOR? It must be obvious by now that this site is loving the extra traffic you generate - one day you'll wake up, get a life, and move on and wonder why you all wasted a portion of your life mindlessly repeating the same grumbles ad nauseum...

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:46PM Joaquin Crowe said

@(Unverified) Critical mass has yet to be reached in the realization that there is no Bioware circa 1990's-2007 there is only EA. It's a mourning process.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:44PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
This game already lost me and this definitely isn't bringing me back, what a ratty POS lookin' system lol have fun with that crap!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:47PM Lafajet said

@(Unverified)

Thanks, I will!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 6:15PM Graill440 said

I do not do alts, i do not play content over again, regardless of what nifty idea wet behind ears developers think they created, fail. If a game wants to succeed it had better not do what SWTOR did. It cost them my sub.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2012 7:53AM Repopulation said

@Graill440 ah so because you dont like alts it is a "fail"... gtfo with that arrogant BS. Just because you dont like something doesnt make it a "fail"

Swordsman launches today