Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:59AM IGameBeffer said

Funcom will have to really bring some goods to the table or this will flop HARD. Going to take more then just a new setting to get rid of the MMORPG FUNK!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 12:23PM Nautius said

• 1 heart
@IGameBeffer

While I am not going to say anything specific due to the NDA...I'll just say this...

VERY unimpressed

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:42PM Space Cobra said

@Nautius

I got all sorts of questions, but I will say this (and I am not in Beta):

The game looks nice and I think, it will play well/alright.

Skill system is...nice, but while it is confusing to get an "uber build" unless you stick to a template, I am thinking many who are putting hopes on it (in this game) may not like it.

Granted, I do like the flexibility of choosing sets on the fly and you can choose your favorite powers, but you are limited to 7 actives and 7 passives. So, it's still not "perfect" in such a character building system IMHO, but it the action/combat looks alright (for YouTube videos) and the setting seems nice.

I mean, in this game, consider Templates are skill-sets, but that can be classified as a "class". Sure, you can play all the classes with one character (Uh-Oh...I am trembling as I remember FFXIV's motto of limiting you to one character because of all Jobs available!), but unless you go like Jem or Aquaman ("Truly Outrageous!"), it seems the best combo of skills fit best with a particular class. Now, mind you, there is still more customizing than a straight class (Long Range DPS vs. Short Range DPS. Hammer DPS vs. Sword DPS).

I need to get my greedy little hands on it; I think the action would be alright, but not sold on if the skill system will be unique. Although the crafting system does get my interest up!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 10:17AM chum said

I'm kind of excited for this game but I don't know how in the hell they can pull it off with the payment model they have in mind. The game was pushed until after D3 release and GW2 should be releasing close enough to TSW that it will be a factor as well. If by some miracle GW2 releases first- they're toast. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:19PM Odog4ever said

@chum

They'll be OK. Like any modern MMO they get some up front cash through subs that will float them until they can transition into a free-2-play model.

It's different enough from the truck load of fantasy MMOs to find a niche.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 10:37AM jimr9999us said

Looks like TSW decided to launch against MoP.

Good luck with that. I'm actually being sincere. But Funcom's original April launch looks like it was the right call...shame they couldn't get it quite polished enough.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 11:18AM (Unverified) said

@jimr9999us
I agree that they'll be facing some tough competition - on the other hand, releasing a polished game later is, in my opinion, better than releasing an unfinished game earlier. And I do believe Funcom knows a thing or two about releasing unfinished games. :P

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 11:20AM fallwind said

@jimr9999us

mop is going to be december at the earliest, TSW is in June.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 12:20PM jimr9999us said

@fallwind

I dunno...MoP is practically in open beta now. I don't see them doing another conference call with hemorrhaging sub numbers if they can help it.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 12:44PM fallwind said

@jimr9999us "I wouldn't count on it. This is Blizzard we're talking about here. My best guess is around November / December of this year. That would make it two years from Cataclysm."

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 10:08PM Fabius Bile said

@jimr9999us
if someone at Blizzard's building still has an ounce of brain (doubtful), they will hold MoP to go against GW2, so the novelty of a WoW xpac helps them retain some players.

releasing earlier and getting people bored of the xpac when GW2 lauches would probably be overkill for their western playerbase, the vast majority of them would hop at the first chance to try GW2.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 10:51AM Randomessa said

Good to see they're opening it up to people. Can't wait to see the footage coming out of PAX East!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 1:18PM (Unverified) said

Still waiting for that beta invite for the whole CE expansion deal..