Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 11:41AM gramaw said

You should finish up the quests in Halfheim, which will get you to level 10, then hit the BG's from there. The xp will be faster if you just finish up the Halfheim quests.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:49PM (Unverified) said

The beginner area only lasts for another 3 or 4 quests at that point, finish it off before heading to the real pve zones in Midgard or the battlegrounds.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:58PM akubura said

I would finish up the tutorial then dive into the pvp!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 7:10PM Dammy said

It's time to go to the BGs for level and gear. My suggestion to you is drop the single hand weapon and shield and go two hander. once you get to the 15-19 level BG, then you may see PVP combat, but there is a bunch of PVE and PVP quests in the BG to make accelerated leveling. I would suggest you do XPing in a group, makes things go SO much faster. Once you get to Thidranki (level 20-24) is when you will see RVR (PVP) up close and personal. Guild members of Midranki should be able to answer any of your questions, they are typically defending Center Keep.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:23PM sccrmania1 said

I realize the voting is really skewed towards going to the Battlegrounds at your stage, but you should really hold that vote until level 15 when there are actually a goodly number of enemy players to fight in the Battleground.

At your level, you will most likely end up just doing PVE kill quests in the Battleground, and they don't have the same story or lessons as the Tutorial/Classic World quests.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 9:59PM (Unverified) said

I think you've made an excellent choice (or should I say the readers made an excellent choice.) with Mid/Troll/Skald. It is a very versatile class with lots of utility. I have a Realm Rank 5+ one myself. As far as your camera issues, I bound mouse pan to my right click mouse button, that way I can swing the camera around at will when being chased or just panning for enemies (panning is very very important in big boy RvR). I suggested you jump into the battlegrounds. The new quests that have been implemented give you great gear (or great compared to the old aurulite gear) and you will get a mix of pve and pvp... killing pigs are boring until you are killing pigs while constantly on the look out for a PA to the face (you'll learn what that means soon enough :) ). good luck with it and if you ever need help most all of my toons are named Phear something. Phearma, Phearik, Phearslice,,, etc... Always willing to help :)