Posted: Mar 21st 2012 8:28PM Rum said

haha, in Aion fashion, the first two posts belong to spammers, how unfortunate!

Aion was a great game that i really did enjoy back in the day, and i may pick it up for a short time, but unfortunately with TERA coming out and GW2 right around the corner, it is going to be difficult to add Aion into my repertoire...

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 9:36PM kalipou134 said

@Rum
Exactly, Tera is basically a better Aion

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 8:28PM (Unverified) said

I'm really looking forward to this, though I do wish this video were a bit longer and more comprehensive. It can be really annoying to get just quick one-sentence answers to important questions.

For example, I'd like to know more about the store and the C.U.B.E. system. What kinds of things will be available? How will they avoid a pay-to-win scenario? Just saying you're conscious of the issue isn't
enough, tell us how you're going to do it.

What's going to change for current players once the update hits? How will our experience change when we log in for the first time after the update? What should we make it a point to check out? What should we be aware of that we might not notice immediately but could impact the way we play the game from now on?

Still so many unanswered questions about 3.0 and this video really did very little to answer them.

Sure, keep most of the lore-related stuff under wraps for now, I'm cool with that, but come on now, this video is just barely a tease! Personally, I think current players deserve a bit more information than we're getting here.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 10:00PM edgecrusherO0 said

@(Unverified)

Check out the cash shop right now. There weren't any power boosts (XP boosts don't count) last I checked, if they still aren't there I would even be remotely worried. Big companies realize that pay to win alienate too broad of a playerbase.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 8:36PM eiberri said

Note to production team making the video: Don't give the guy a reclining chair...or at least tell him not to bob back and forth in it while he talks.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 8:47PM (Unverified) said

Good video. I like what I've heard so far, but like (Unverified) @8:28 said, it would be nice to get some details on the C.U.B.E. system and the store. I'm hoping it will be more akin to what League of Legends does, and the store being more about cosmetic items/skins for my avatar/house/mount/pet/whatever... Aion is a great game so I wish them well on this.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 9:23PM Sam not Spam said

I found the admission of needing more players to be refreshingly honest, but no jaw droppingly so. Personally, what I think they need is to attempt to incorporate advancements from other games, past and present, to make the game more accessible in terms of PVP. For instance, auto-leveling for certain content might work. Sure, the low-level players will essentially be mooks for high level playerns to go through (lack of skills and such), but its still something, you know? Enough low-level players could beat a high-level player, but in the meantime the high-level player could also go through them Dynasty Warriors style. Giving low-level players a long-cooldown weapon that could actually hurt a high-level player if it hits (maybe not seriously) would be interesting if there's enough players throwing volleys at them.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 1:27AM Yarr said

@Sam not Spam - excellent idea on a weapon or skill for low levels that could hurt a high level player and maybe even kill them if enough low level players get together. With a long cool down and make it only useful to use against a certain level higher than yours, so you can't use it to one-shot similar level or lower characters. I've been on both sides of high vs low and honestly don't find either fun. It is frustrating to not be able to even damage a higher level, and I get no enjoyment fighting someone that can't really hurt me. Waste of time either way.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 1:32AM (Unverified) said

I tried to play Aion again last month, because of 3.0. The game just will never cut it, and it's sad too, because you want to love it so much.

The game killers
Forced PVP
lack of endgame pve content
Still painfully grindy, (here a good example, I have a "parts" quest, and the mobs will only drop 1 body part, and not 100% of the time. The quest wanted 25 of one mob, and 25 of anouther, total 50 mobs. The experience from the quest was rather low.)
Manastones and enchanting faliures
You have angel wings, but there few places you can fly, and not at all in the main cities.

The new content will not correct this, only exist Aion customers will be happy with this patch. Keep in mind also, Korea does hand me down content. Poor game is like a greek tragedy, I feel bad for it, because it could have made it.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 8:07AM nhat said

@(Unverified) You know you can drop and skip that quest because there's so many.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 2:23AM Heiltdo said

Game is polished, fairly balanced and intuitive. Game play can become repetitive and rolling new alts after you have a high level main is boring as hell.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:51AM (Unverified) said

Everyone I know who picked up Aion enjoyed it for a while, but got bored quickly. So I think it should certainly be worth a look once it's free.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 5:07AM Fabius Bile said

• 1 heart
Aion is the zenith of korean MMOs
and most western players will hate it for being exactly what it is.
I dont blame them.

the game is good for a week or less, then most people will understand why korean MMOs all fall flat in their faces in west.

I wouldnt play it if they paid me for it.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 4:26PM Lorell said

@Fabius Bile Then you are a fail troll or you haven't played Aion (if ever) for a looooongggg time ;)

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM