Posted: Mar 20th 2012 1:41PM Umbradomo said

I've already read this and like the idea of adding a bit more complexity to the system and making each skill more useful. Heck my Slicer will now be able to make even more money as he sells the mats to make the Augments.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 1:44PM Alph said

Glad to see crafting being made to be more endgame relevant.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 2:14PM (Unverified) said

Eve pretty much gives me the depth in crafting I need. I love TOR because its a super casual mindless play. When my brain hurts from Eve, I jump to TOR to just kill stuff and be guided down a story path.
Im happy crafting is getting some work, but it really isn't TOR's problems they should be working on.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 7:10PM Jokkl said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified) I dont know why you were downvoted but I see it the same way. Its just another hotkeymmo and the crafting isnt realy that much of a problem. Seeing what they have in store for 1.2 I am thinking about resubbing and giving it another try. Biggest downer for me was the bad UI. Couldnt enjoy the game with the old one. Doesnt realy change that its just some standart hotkeymmo with voiceacting slapped over it. Get over it... this game isnt special...

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 2:21PM roberticvs said

Player interdependence is the key to a good crafting system.

Imagine a system where players NEED one another, and must communicate or even cooperate; such as actually GOING to a distant place and speaking with a particular individual or exploring some remote wilderness. This would be a great platform for acquiring the most rare components. Those who did so can rightfully say "My guild and I spent days and had to take down a pirate lord in order to complete X mission to get this thing." This should exist outside of the Flashpoint missions, so that acquisition is indeed a rare and treasured thing. It would give the character a sense of being "well-traveled" to have gone somewhere and done something not readily available to everyone else.

And it would make the universe seem larger, and more dynamic. Imagine that.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 2:30PM Deliverator said

Quick - have an intelligent SWTOR conversation now while the GW2 fanbois are busy defending the GW2 payment model in the story above. hehe.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 3:48PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Yay The Fatman most populated, Bloodfin #1

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 4:36PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

You are doing it wrong, especially the times.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 3:03PM Tom in VA said

The fact that they are making ship droids more useful -- and that there will soon be a way to shut them up -- is welcome news indeed.

The crafting improvements are also extensive and encouraging.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 3:57PM Pasha said

• Half a heart
SWTOR craft is ridiculous - mostly because amount of craftable and sellable items is limited to 1-10 per profession. Also there are just handful of players left on most servers so there is no actual market.

Subscription expired today and left sour aftertaste like if I paid $60 for beta-test of mediocre game. Next time I'll play it when the game will be F2P.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 4:36PM Faction 3 said

No use for Slicing?!

I am dissapoint!!

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 5:25PM Daemodand said

1. Look at how Galaxies did crafting.
2. Do that.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 8:50PM KvanCetre said

@Daemodand
The only thing I remember about it was it was getting mats was a burden and once you had them, it was a the same as every mmo.

But that was JTLS days, maybe things changed.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 11:06PM laggyd said

@Daemodand

OHH GOD BUGGED 999all aluminum on naboo GO GOO!!!

Put 40 heavys on it.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 7:35PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Mar 26th 2012 7:53AM (Unverified) said

this actually might be the only thing they've done right since launch :)

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014