Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:07PM Valentina said

I'm actually pretty interested in their decision on the business model, or lack there of lol. I'm both impressed and wary because I wonder how they're going to continue funding the games development if they're relying exclusively on people purchasing from a shop, and no option to subscribe to different tiered subscription plans, and/or not having to buy the game box. One thing's for sure, it's going to bring a lot of players to the game which is to this day one of the most impressive looking games out there, and 3.0 sounds like just what AION needed to be a success.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 2:08PM edgecrusherO0 said

@Valentina

It's extremely similar to the model they are using with Lineage 2, and that's been extremely successful (had to open new servers, significant increases in revenue ect.)

I'm super happy that they're not taking the freemium bullshit route. The freemium model that SoE uses is horrible, Cryptics is *alright*, and Funcoms is meh (those are the only ones I've had experience with). Too many times they cut out significant parts of the game and gate it by requiring you to purchase it. The stuff cut out isn't extra content like the DLC in DCUO (which has a decent system), but core content (like not being able to use legendary items in EQ2) that's more or less required to progress.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:19PM wilus84 said

Hey MJ Guthrie which side do you play as? I just came back recently and regret ever leaving Aion. The gameplay and skills are so much fun and I'm currently doing the 5 classes to 30 to get the sweet armor. So was just curious which side you play as.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 5:33PM MJ Guthrie said

@wilus84
I actually play as an Elyos most of the time, but I do have a baby Asmo that I have been experiencing that side of the world with.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:32PM (Unverified) said

I haven't played in a while, but I did purchase the game. Any idea if that will affect what 'tier' my account will be?

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:36PM wilus84 said

no c lue I did read that veterans will keep their veteran status.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:38PM ShivanSwordsman said

Still waiting for the game to go F2P... I'm really missing my Asmo toons. I'm a little wary to wait now, as I saw someone on the Asmo side before I got kicked off with that beautiful Coliseum set from the Elyos side. It was the Plate Mail sort. I'm still trying to find out how they got Crucible Coliseum gear from Elyos on the Asmo side, since I want it for my Templar pretty badly. I LOVE the way gear looks in this game...

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 2:05PM wilus84 said

@ShivanSwordsman

Yeah the gear in this game is amazing actually makes you feel powerful. I love the weapon designs as well.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:44PM (Unverified) said

"Summoning the mount will take a full minute and can be interrupted via movement or an attack."

The official page says: "It takes about 1 second to summon a mount after you click to use it." in the caption.

As far as the if we can buy off the auction house thing, I just assumed that no restrictions means no restrictions.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 5:35PM MJ Guthrie said

@(Unverified) You are correct. There was a brain melt on my part because I swore I wrote "second"! Corrected.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 1:48PM Khai mann said

I played yesterday and nade it to lvl 10. The game was a lot of fun and it didn't seem grindy at all.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 2:06PM wilus84 said

@Khai mann

Also for you it was double xp weekend which makes everything go faster. This game will get grindy later on. Double xp weekends are my favorite.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 3:11PM nhat said

@wilus84 So far I'm on level 35 and the amount of quests are ridiculous. I didn't have to do a single repeat or instance run. In fact I had to stop questing and do some NTC or FT to do something else lol.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 3:54PM Saker said

I am interested in trying this out. Patiently waiting for the change over.