Posted: Mar 19th 2012 9:30PM Alph said

Still waiting for D3 to give us a 'no-RMAH realm' so I can buy it.

Definitely looking forward to Torchlight 2 though, very excited about the game.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 1:49AM Nucleon said

@Alph So instead of a game where players buy and sell goods through legal and regulated channels, you prefer all transactions to instead go through unregulated shadow markets?

With or without the RMAH, players are buying and selling goods with real money. That's a fact. Go ahead and type "buy diablo 2 items" in Google. Search Ebay or craigslist for Diablo 2 items, you'll find pages and pages and pages of items and characters for sale. It's going on right now.

And no, I have no desire to use the RMAH, but it's basic economics that open markets reduce crime. Reducing crime is a good thing, even in video games.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 9:40PM (Unverified) said

Path of Exile is looking fantastic. I like what I've seen in the D3 beta, but I know a lot of Diablo fans don't - if you're one of those fans, you definitely should check out Path of Exile, you'll love it.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 9:53PM KorbenDallas said

Torchlight 2 for the win!

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 10:23PM LordSkyline said

PoE 0.9.7 Patch actually released already. Still waiting on mah beta key :/

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 6:33AM Lhurian said

Guys, calm down with PoE. That games not that great. As for Torchlight 2, my question is, what are they waiting for? Release was scheduled winter last year. Do they really want to compete with d3?

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 8:38AM Cyclone Jack said

@Lhurian

Actually, after patch 0.9.6 I'd say it was looking pretty damn good. The look and feel to the game is getting polished, the combat feels very natural (like Diablo II or Titan Quest), and the open-ended character builds allow a player to tailor their character to play exactly like they want them to.

Will be see FotM characters, sure. But with how open-ended it is, I'm sure we'll be seeing as many, if not more, wildly different builds than we saw in Diablo II, where people were coming up with interesting builds years after the game was launched.

Is it perfect? Far from it. But from what I have experienced of both it and Diablo 3, to me it feels more like a Diablo game than Diablo 3. Diablo 3 just didn't feel right to me, and none of the classes grabbed me. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 7:16PM Daemodand said

My only problem with PoE so far is they're making ninja looting part of the game. Ninja looting is not fun. x2 if you're ranged.