Posted: Mar 20th 2012 1:01AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@NothingShocking

Yep, same here - WoW really is a lot of fun with a group of friends. I took a break over WotLK but came back at Cata launch and have been enjoying my time a lot - very much looking forward to MoP,

The negative "hate" comments on Massively is not really a new phenomena - the site has always had quite clear anti-Blizzard vibe.
However, lately the article comments have gone from worse to hell.

This is mostly due to Massively severely lacking any kind of community management. If they'd had a community manager, they would have moderated and steered the discussion (and content of their articles) towards more diverse discussion long time ago. They might have also requested improvements to the commenting and rating system (to further advance good and diverse discussions on the site).

But as it is now, most articles are just full of same old "hate" arguments, repeating post after post. This isn't limited to pots about Blizzard or WoW - it's more or less everything that has released - only the latest unreleased Jesus-game gets respite from this.

Sometimes I think the audience here is just really really young, their world still very polarized into chasing the "next big cool thing" and hating the old "lame" things that everyone else is playing.

Sometimes I also thing the editors fall into that trap.

I hardly ever bother posting anything serious here anymore. It's just not worth it.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 8:04PM blackcat7k said

Hmmm... A lot of good points about what Blizzard has done in the past and how they are not fixing their problems. However, I wonder something...If Blizzard did a 180 and fixed everything that many of the posters brought up would the hate die down?

Would players see the changes and say: "Good on Blizzard for FINALLY fixing their stuff" or would it be more "I have lost all faith in Blizzard as a developer" vitriol.

Companies can change, but it takes time because they didn't get to the universally hated position over night. I just wonder if we as players will take off the rage goggles long enough to properly evaluate them if they change for the better.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 9:29PM (Unverified) said

@blackcat7k
I disagree with your insinuation it's blind hatred toward Blizzard. Most of the critics of Blizzard these days are fans of a pre-merger Blizzard. If you actually care to read some posts that criticize the way WoW has been handled, you will see some very well thought out, succinct points.

If you have been a follower of Blizzard for any period of time (and I mean years, not months) you can not help but notice the difference since the merger where Vivendi named Bobby Kotick as CEO of Activision Blizzard. You will also know that many of the complaints about the things WoW, and even SC2 and D3, have done follow the same script Kotick has used for games for years.

Many of us would go back in a heartbeat if Blizzard was allowed to be Blizzard again and the game actually went to it's Warcraft roots. But for Wrath and Cataclysm both, they came out with these grandiose claims about all the wonderful things that would be in the game and how great it sounded, only to have most of it not even show up. Why trust something when you have been burned the previous two times?

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 9:49PM AlienFanatic said

@blackcat7k

There's a difference between having an actual relationship with your players all along versus paying them lip service and going about your business without much regard to their concerns. Blizzard has typically done the latter.

The problem with such an approach is that, no matter how much you might want to rebuild that relationship when things have gone south, no amount of PR will fix things. So no, even if Blizzard were to start doing everything the community asked, I don't think many of us would feel differently towards Blizzard.

Some might say that it's good that a company lays out a plan and sticks to it, but I've never thought Blizzard really HAD a plan. (Look at how much stuff has been slapped on or redone over the years.) I compare Blizzard to my early days playing Everquest. In all my years playing MMOs, I've never seen as dedicated a group as Verant at making players feel good about their community.

Sure, things went south when Verant sold out to SOE and they moved away from customer service, but by that time I'd gotten into EQ and really enjoyed when GM's would interact with us. (In that game, they could and did run events for players.) Blizzard has always held us at arm's reach and done virtually nothing, unless you're impressed by Blue posts from low-level customer service representatives who have little say in how the game was developed.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 10:47PM Mcsniper said

@AlienFanatic

What a load of codswallop. Go and play the game you enjoy.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 10:47PM Mcsniper said

@(Unverified)

Get over it. It's not going to happen.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 1:25AM (Unverified) said

@Mcsniper
You're right. With Bobby Kotick in charge WoW will not return to it's roots. That's the reason WoW has never succeeded since Vivendi named him CEO of Activision Blizzard.

Posted: Mar 19th 2012 10:34PM Mcsniper said

I am sure all your comments are very valid in your own opinion.

I read through these comments regularly, and it's all the same folks spouting off about how much they hate WOW and not coming back to play.

Fine I get bored too, but then I play Rift, AOC, AION, SWTOR etc etc to keep things fresh for me. Do these games have anything innovative? Not really, I just enjoy playing and that includes WOW.

Most of you spout off about nothing new, its the same old boring stuff. It's kind of ironic, because there is not one unique or new opinion come from any of you regular people on here, and you have the gall to give Blizzard stick ha ha.

Can we please have a patch or expansion Massively? Because most of your readers who hate WOW have nothing new to say.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 1:29AM (Unverified) said

@Mcsniper
Pot, meet kettle.

All you do is make your little one line reply snarky trolling comments to people trying to make it sound as if they do not know what they are talking about. Guess what, a lot of people follow Blizzard, and have for a long time, apparently a lot better than you have.

Many of us have been fans of Blizzard for years. We hate that Kotick has had Blizzard titles follow the same failed path as Activision titles. I don't want to see Warcraft and Starcraft and Diablo follow in Guitar Hero's and other Activision titles footstep's because of Kotick's anti-gamer philosophies.

So while I can not speak for others, I will say for myself that when a Blizzard article comes up, I will probably comment on it. I want Vivendi to know that they made a mistake byt making that man CEO of Activision Blizzard. So keep up with your meaningless one liners all you want, some people care and speak out because they do.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 11:41AM Mcsniper said

@(Unverified)

Oh dear hit the spot. I'm not trolling my friend.

You know and I know that loads of comments on here have a hate on for WOW.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 3:54PM (Unverified) said

@Mcsniper
Yes, your constant "cite source please" is trolling. Of course, you never respond when someone actually proves what they have said.

And no, it's not hate for WoW, it's hate for what Bobby Kotick has done to WoW. since he was made CEO by Vivendi over ActiBlizz, WoW has declined. Of course during that same time period is when the story was removed.

Look at the changes mentioned for MoP. Pokemon mini pet battles. Warcraft related? Nope. Challenge mode for dungeons. Story related? Nope. Will the Siege of Orgrimmar actually happen? Well, did Kul Tiras return in Cataclysm? Did Danath go to Arathi to confront Sylvanas? Did the conflict between the Argent Crusade and the Forsaken ramp up? All no. Considering all the story elements announced before Wrath and Cata for those expansions that were all cut, I will take a wait and see approach on the story elements they are talking about for MoP. Based on prior history, it's a safe bet they won't be happening.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 7:17AM Addfwyn said

I'm pretty excited for it, and a lot of the info coming out has reinforced that. Do I expect it to be that big news on this site? Not really, the site community has a general anti-blizzard sentiment for a variety of reasons. Anyone who actually cares about wow (and there are tons of people still) are going to be over on WoW Insider for the most part.

Still, it's obviously big MMO news, so makes sense its over here. Whether you hate it, love it, or don't care about it, WoW is still the biggest MMO out there.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 3:45PM kahnbloodbane said

hmm today when I were looking at things on youtube I stumbled upon this:

this, and things like this are WHY we played WoW, why we loved the world, why we loved every little thing of it.

now imagine that cutscene again. only, with pandas.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 1:52PM Sandshark said

This looks like the worst exp yet. i just left a few weeks ago in anticipation of TERA. I will not be returning to WoW, i'm so damn tired of it.

Posted: Mar 21st 2012 7:12PM (Unverified) said

Account-wide achievements most notably titles means that getting them on level-appropriate toons iso by facerolling on a capped toon is made even less attractive.

Sorry, but I don't support faceroll.

It also kills off replayabillity of the game big-time: after the Gear (heirlooms), now the Achievements are a do it once, have it done for all furture toons kind of deal.

WoW had and even has so much potential, and it all goes to waste. Such a shame.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2012 6:29PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
That's because WoW starting catering to the "give me ways to bypass actually playing the game" crowd during Wrath. Well, when you can bypass gameplay, sitting in Org or Stormwind all day loses its appeal after a while, even for those who demanded it.

Posted: Mar 27th 2012 11:56PM Altra2086 said

Anyone remember Kungfu Panda? this xpack looks exactly like that movie, I half way expect to hear jack black's voice

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014