Posted: Mar 17th 2012 6:08PM avaloner said

Nice to hear stories like this from time to time. It shows there are good people out there in the MMO community and we are not all the cynical, jaded and bitter people it seems sometimes. I hope the child gets better soon:).

On a side not I wish more MMOs allowed players to change the environment in meaningful way, especialy non-combat changes.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 6:29PM edgecrusherO0 said

I was hoping someone would make a post about this on the site. Saw it a few days ago and it was one of those few times I was proud of humanity.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 7:51PM Seffrid said

I rolled a character on Guk in order to attend the event and it was both amazing and incredibly moving.

My future on EQ2 depends entirely on SOE allowing me to continue to play the game through them rather than selling off my account to the worst possible European operator, but if I am able to stay I may well look to join the new guild on Guk and develop my new character there with a view to participating in future special events.

It has been a truly inspirational story, and of course one on which SOE have made no public comment whatsoever. Their behaviour these past couple of months has been quite shameful.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 8:36PM (Unverified) said

This is soooo AMAZING!!!! Nice to see GOOD people playing mmorpgs, instead of all the idiots.

btw, what is Tenebrous Tangle Island??? I thought in EQ2 we could only decorate houses or guild halls, I never knew we could decorate outside like in SWG fame,

Can someone EXPLAIN?? Ive been thinking about coming back to EQ2 for the community alone :)

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 11:49PM aurickle said

@(Unverified)
It's a prestige home, instanced like all other player housing. What's different about it is that your home is an island floating (for scenery purposes) in the Tenebrous Tangle area. You can decorate it like any other home, but as with other home types nothing you do is visible unless someone visits your home via the access portal.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 9:04PM FrostPaw said

Yup, put a lump in my throat reading this, all those people and all that selfless time spent. In a way I feel a little sad, I'm not sure a child that young could really appreciate how all those people organised and came together for him but as long as he was happy then the objective was achieved.

but damn...6-12 weeks, I can't even begin to imagine how I would steel myself for that. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 9:35PM Samcha said

Unreal. It's nothing short of amazing what the community has done for Ribbitribbit. My heart goes out to him and to his family. Stay strong sweetheart!

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 9:55PM (Unverified) said

Wonderful story. The online world often shows people at their worst, so it's great to see something like this show people at their best.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 10:35PM oxlar said

Great story. That is quite an achievement for anyone who has played EQ2, knows. EQ2 has elements in it that put just about any other mmo to shame. Housing, decorating, and fluff is one of those areas. I wish more mmos did housing as well. The only other one that comes close is UO. I loved how in Tenebrous I could 'break out' of my house and have my own private island to decorate as I wanted, complete with boat dock and all.

Posted: Mar 18th 2012 12:45AM (Unverified) said

Never been more proud of a game I used to play and loved. Good work guys. God bless you Ribbitribbit. Be strong little man.

Posted: Mar 18th 2012 8:57AM Balraw said

I saw this on the EQ2 forums. The video's of the young man in question that his parents posted of him exploring what was created for him made a grown man shed a tear or two.

As someone above said its nice to see an mmo bringing out the best in people for a change. Good work everyone :)

Posted: Mar 18th 2012 3:47PM Mikx said

Wow, its always good to hear stories like this and to have people band together to help someone out, and its good that the game has the customization features to allow it to happen.

Posted: Mar 18th 2012 6:23PM Amlin said

Get well soon little guy! And three cheers for the EQ2 community for this, really amazing of you guys!

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014