Posted: Mar 16th 2012 8:49PM Graill440 said

*Looks down...between his legs.....* "And we were just becoming friends" ....The apple IIC, sitting at his feet, lonely and now only a doorstop now that Guildwars has done this to us.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 9:48PM Amlin said

Looks like I can't play using a toaster anymore.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 1:11AM ArcherAvatar said

So what you're telling me is it's time to leave behind my stockpile of replacement vaccum tubes and upgrade to transistors?!? Oh man...

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 2:01AM deejrandom said

@ArcherAvatar You might have to start using a dot matrix printer as well and learn about 5 and a half inch floppies. Those punch cards aren't gonna do you any good now, in the YEAR 2000!

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 2:01AM Yarr said

I've actually run GW on Win98. In fact on two machines running Win98. One had on-board graphics and could just barely run it (as in maybe 15 frames per second).

The other had a top of the line (for Win98 days) graphics card and memory. It took some tweaking but it did run mostly okay, which was pretty neat. That machine is sitting here on one of my desks and still has GW installed on it (I think). Guess it is time to uninstall it. :)

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 9:30AM Kodabey said

When they drop abacus support I'm writing my congressman.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 12:21PM ir0nw0lf said

Win98 is still good for a retro-gaming box. Actually a lot of fun if you can get your hands on some old Voodoo2's and such.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 1:37PM Jetflame3 said

They are probably talking about Windows 2000 guys, it's the only operating system I still see on some PCs. (I'm an IT guy) It's a very stable operating system and some people just refuse to upgrade.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 3:27PM syberghost said

If you still have your Windows 98 or earlier machine connected to the internet, you are a menace to navigation and should be publicly flogged.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 7:14PM Space Cobra said

I'll just say that I felt Windows 3.1 was the best OS around!

And I mean that because it was more basic. I knew more coding/computing commands with it. Now, I've grown lazy with all the new Windows and can't start to program my way out of a paper bag!

I guess there is Linux, but I've never used it. ;p