Posted: Mar 15th 2012 2:39PM (Unverified) said

I haven't played this one, but I always keep an eye on it in case the pvp scene seems to open up. My understanding is that it's pretty easy to avoid and that you can't take over another town (though you can use deforestation and other environmental warfare methods to make your neighbors want to move).

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 4:00PM Coolit said

@(Unverified)

You can now plant trees so there is really no way to grief your neighbors.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 2:50PM Vazzaroth said

Hmm, seems kind of weird to me that they'd celebrate a whole year of Prelude, considering this was supposed to be a feature-lite launch state version of the game, with many more features coming soon. I'm surprised they're celebrating their loyal users paying over $180 in sub fees, not to mention the game purchase, even though the game has barely changed or improved during this 12 month window. Then again, I guess u understand they they'd celebrate. Notorious Games are probably pretty pleased with their, what, 5-person selves. They've found a way to just generate money based on little more than a few doctored screenshots and empty promises. Good on them for that, I wish I was that diabolical.

anyway, nice write up MJ, but I still wish I got a refund for this horribly managed cock-up.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 3:28PM Tizmah said

I thought this game closed down or something. I don't mean that to sound rude, but I remember a lot of people were extremely disappointed when this released.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 7:13PM Mendus said

It's a shame the game had no lasting appeal for me, it was good for the first month until I realised there was really nothing to the game and wouldn't be a for a considerable amount of time. I did consider actually going back to see progress but from what I can gather not much has changed in that year.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 7:23PM Halldorr said

I actually really enjoyed this game when I tried it months ago. This was before animals roaming around and I thought it was needing animals and totem decay and it would have been almost there.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 12:08AM Vorender said

I've always wanted to try this game, but the fact that they've yet to release a free trial of any kind after a year is quite telling as to the shape of the game.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 1:15AM Strands said

Went back in January, A lot had been added since release. Deforestation has been countered with the ability to plant trees. There's a ton of animals, some are Mutants and look crazy. Waterskins allow you to carry around 4+ drinks to fill your Thirst bar. Carts have been added to allow a person(Survivor) to carry around a bunch of stuff and keep it off your encumbrance bar. And now they have added the ability to use tents and stuff as storage units.

Still missing a good combat system and mounts. Once those are added Ill be re-subbing. Nice to see a small indie company actually add features and bugfixes, unlike Earthrise or Dawntide who spent all their time fixing bugs from Launch, then Shutting down.

I look forward to Xsyons Future.

Posted: Mar 17th 2012 8:43PM Valkesh said

I tried to stick with Xsyon as it is one of the few MMOs to let players actually effect the world they're in and make that a primary focus of the game (the one thing I've always wanted in an MMO) but the roll backs and lag issues killed my motivation. I hope the game itself continues on, but I don't think I could go back to it at this point.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014