Posted: Mar 15th 2012 6:23PM Coolit said

My question will be can transfer spells be used by melee characters?

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 9:32PM Azev said

Honestly AV have a great scam going. They have barely patched there current game that people are paying for in the past year and a half with the excuse that they are creating a whole new darkfall. Things that they said were complete a year ago now are just being worked on. None of there stories match up. I hope darkfall 2.0 is real but by the time it releases in late 2013 no one will want to play such an outdated game.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 10:48PM corpusc said

they claim beta testing will be starting fairly soon *shrug*

its definitely a weird & possibly wrong approach. to be constantly patching the game and adding new features, but not giving them to the people who are subscribing. on the other hand, by saving them all up so they can have a "whole new game" and a fresh media blitz and "launch", its possible they could capture enough attention and new users to make it as wonderfully populated as it was when it launched the first time.

and many of the changes they are bring are being strongly opposed by their existing, paying userbase, so for those types of people, maybe its a blessing that they have extra time to enjoy the game the way they seem to prefer it, before all the new features/systems are forced upon them.

its a shame they are going to take away the old version for the people who loved that, and won't adapt. they should leave that running even if unsupported, and start with a brand new & seperate 2.0 server.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 3:57AM lapseg said

I still love and play in DFO. For me there is no alternative to this game, i will buy DF 2.0 and play at least a month, but i reeeeeally doubt they will survive :P Tasos is a crazy man btw :)

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 11:26AM akubura said

I bought this game and tried it for a month, It had some things going for it. But it just had to many game breaking things going.

I had a guy who seemed nice opened a trade window to give me a mount and all of a sudden he could just kill me over and over with no penalty to him.

another thing is the veterans just camp the newbie area and you just don't get a chance to compete. Yeah I know you have a newbie timer. But seriously it gave me time to lvl my sword and bow up a few points and that's it.

When I finally managed to get out of the newbie grounds I had fun with my friend exploring. But not being able to compete in pvp unless you swim against a wall for a year just isn't going to cut it for me. So we quit, might join back up with 2.0 if they fix those things.

Swordsman launches today