Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:10PM Irem said

I kind of wish they'd just sell the figurines separately, as I'd really have liked the rest of the physical objects in the GW2 CE, and that seems to have been what pushed the price up that far. On the other hand, I really could not care less about the digital items, so standard edition it is for me, when I'd been planning to get the CE as long as the price was reasonable.

Ah, well, I guess it's life's way of reminding me that I don't need more house clutter, myself. *arranges Decepticons*

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:26PM Brianna Royce said

@Irem I was originally planning on the CE, but I really just wanted the music and possibly the artbook. I certainly can't justify $150 for what for me amounts to a statue and some art sheets that will be dumped in a box and never looked at again. :(

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:26PM Lenn said

@Irem Not long ago I swore a solemn oath on this very website that I would get the most ridiculously overpriced collector's edition of Guild Wars 2 and so the most ridiculously overpriced collector's edition is what I will get. Who needs food anyway? So overrated.

I will put the ridiculously overpriced Rydlock next to my equally ridiculously overpriced Two Towers extended edition Gollum and they can have a ridiculously overpriced figurine party.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 6:53PM syberghost said

@Brianna Royce sell the figure to @Irem. Both problems solved. :)

More seriously, you shouldn't have much trouble selling a collector's edition figure on eBay. Shortly after launch you can sell it for less than the CE cost you (which should be fine, since you wanted the CE anyway), and sometimes months later you can sell it for more than the CE cost you.

Everybody wins.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 9:55PM Mikx said

@Irem Did you see how sneaky Anet was in their statue gauntlet throwing today? In the closing image of the community building blog post you can see Rytlock standing next to/ towering over the Darth Malgus doodad from swtor.

The Rytlock statue is an impressive tchotchke as far as they go, and the image has me reevaluating CE...

But I have to say that yes, selling them separately has to be the way to go, and completely avoids the problem of stores dramatically cutting the prices to at or below the standard edition after a couple months.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:17PM Lenn said

That introduction was really ship.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:26PM fallwind said

@Lenn I thought it was a little off keel.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:36PM Lenn said

@fallwind I rudderly agree.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 6:30PM Cyroselle said

@Lenn I like the cut to your jib.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 6:12PM alucard3000 said

@Space Cobra
Explicit version,be warned.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 3:44AM Graill440 said

Silly....boats use magic to float, everyone knows this. By using viscosity induced components one can piece together a boat in which areodynmic drag is less on top than it is on the bottom thus when the absence of air surrounds the bottom of the boat... the thing rises to the point the air molecules push the boat back down, thus creating a magical war between air and water, forever locked in battle, this is what makes boats float.

.......looks around, really.

Posted: Mar 20th 2012 10:49PM Deliverator said

Dear Ask Massively-
Could you ask the community how they feel about time?

Lack of time is one of the most quoted justifications I see for both XP pots and such in cash shops as well as 'streamlined' mechanics aimed at the more casual player.

Payment models aside, is the claim that someone who has more time to play a game receives an advantage in that game valid? Isn't the point of playing a game... well - playing the game? Saying you have no time to practice because you're working doesn't get you ribbons in any other hobby that I'm aware of. I wouldn't use it as an excuse on a basketball court. Or chess club.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM