Posted: Mar 15th 2012 12:48PM (Unverified) said

It looks good and I like the C.U.B.E. idea. As a player of Fallen Earth as well, my biggest issue with their F2P model is the crappy store and the tiered player levels. This seems to address those issues quite well and as a new Aion player it inspires me to get even more involved with the game than I already am.

One thing though: If you watch the new video posted on the official site today, at the end you'll see that they're apparently now calling the 3.0 update "War of Ascension" instead of just "Ascension". Perhaps a minor point, but one that indicates that there's still more relevant information yet to come.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:34PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Same here. This CUBE approach, if it works how I envision it, could very become my favorite MMO payment plan. When I'm busy with engineering, business, or life in general I don't get to play very often. Because of that I always had an insure with subscriptions, not due to the cost but due to me hating a wasted subscription. This À la carte payment model may be want I've been looking for. Anyway good news for Aion and it's players.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:45PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) Totally agree. I've wasted more money than I care to acknowledge by pre-paying for game time I later find I can't use due to real life responsibilities.

And on a completely different topic: Hey Massively editors, how the heck does one verify their account? Every time I log into this site to post a comment, it thinks I'm a new user and asks me to choose a username which I do, then when I go to post the comment it reverts back to "Unverified". I've had an account at this site for about 3 years now, and I'd like to finally be able to publicly use my chosen username.

If this is a bug, it's a pretty long-standing one. Is there a fix, workaround, something?

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 9:05PM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

At the very least, I hope they at least bring out some extra features. The current model they use for using other equipment skins is terrible and clunky, and frankly I wish they'd do it the way LOTRO does it, that way I could just run with a look I love rather than looking like a multicolor clown... hopefully they'll at least sell this system, or have it so it becomes a feature later.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:16PM Warsyde said

I guess I'm a little confused here. If all the game's content and features are free, what are they selling in the "C.U.B.E"? It sounds like a store methodology to allow players to unlock just the features they want, but by Aion's own advertising no content is denied to players, it's all free. The purchase of normal store items (mounts, consumables, cosmetics, etc.) hardly requires the added complexity of C.U.B.E.

So what, specifically, is C.U.B.E for?!

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:32PM (Unverified) said

@Warsyde I'm guessing that we're talking about convenience items: scrolls, potions, XP gain, dyes, cosmetic changes, premium wings, armor, weapons, etc. Hopefully, it won't be anything that you can't get with enough kinah (i.e. gameplay time invested), just that you can get it faster and more easily by buying it with real cash.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 3:52PM Slimneb said

@(Unverified)
Free-to-play EU gamer here. We got the update a couple of weeks ago. As a free customer you cant mail items, have some chat restrictions, and cant use the freaking auction house. We dont have this CUBE thing, but i hope it comes to us. Hoping for a kinda LOTRO store feel, buying what you need, expansions, storage space, etc.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:37PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Just in time for GW2 pre-purchase... NCSoft is really clearing out all competition and funneling it toward GW2 hehe

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:59PM ShivanSwordsman said

Sounds great... but unfortunately, I won't have a 40 come release day, and that ticks me off. Why? Because I apparently created my trial account on the 26th, by what their live service said, and they refuse to upgrade 10 day trials into the new system. I had like... 8 characters I really loved made, and I don't want to remake them a 100th time, as I got all their details right.

It is rather sharty service, and I hope they change their minds, since folks like me are bugged out of our accounts now, but I doubt they will. Yet, for some reason I'm still looking forward to release. Either I enjoy abuse, or Aion is just too good of a game.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 2:53PM Lorell said

It sounds like C.U.B.E. is something like NA L2 Truly-Free "Exploration Packs" and I'm not sure if I can be called free anymore :P

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:25PM Marchosias said

All i gotz tah say is HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO DROP!

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:27PM Marchosias said

GOING TO BE AWESOME!

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 5:54PM Sam not Spam said

Looks good. Sort of like OfficeMax's paper bag special - everything you can fit into a paper bag from the Sunday paper gets x% off. Anyhow, from NCSoft's press release, its sounds like each cube has so many slots in it, and you put stuff in. Which is nice, but my question is will it be 1 item/stack per slot as is MMO norm? Or will it be more like inventory Tetris, where some items take up more than one slot (Diablo, Torchlight, Dungeon Runners, etc).

Also, I wonder if the NCoin I have purchased will carry over from Lineage II to Aion or not? I Know Paragon Points don't carry over to Lineage II, so I'm not expecting them to carry over to Aion, either.