Posted: Mar 13th 2012 10:44PM Synthetic said

In Empires of Istaria I didn't ride around on a dragon, I *was* the dragon!

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:05PM (Unverified) said

@Synthetic I wish more games had playable dragons. Being able to play a dragon was one of the most fun parts of Horizons (aka Istaria nowadays).

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:51PM Synthetic said

@(Unverified)

Most definitely. All games could take a page out of Horizon's book when it comes to playable races and have things that are distinctly non-humanoid. There were a lot of great ideas buried in that game.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:11PM (Unverified) said

A dragon companion sounded awesome, but then I looked at the in game prizes. Stat beads, Hp potions, attack/def buffs. scroll box of 3 scrolls, and 5000 game cash points. The pure lameness of those prizes counterbalanced the coolness of a dragon companion.

How about a review of the game rather than distribution of company propaganda? I'll wait for more comments to get some real information on this game before trying it.

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 1:25AM zipykido said

@(Unverified) I got to level 23 in open beta so my opinion is based on early-mid? game. The graphics are quite outdated and the gameplay isn't too spectacular. A lot of people complained about performance issues, I did not encounter that many although camera controls were funky.
After around level 17 you start hitting an exp wall where you only get 50% exp every level from quests and the rest you have to grind out in dungeons or solo, which takes .5-3 hours depending on your class (some classes are horrible at soloing field mobs).
The game itself just feels unfinished and non-complex. I only tried out necromancer but it seemed like other classes had harder times leveling so I didn't bother.
Crafting/harvesting is incredibly simple which is good (not overly complex like aion's) and bad (boring) but the lack of useful tutorials makes the game much harder than it should be. It also felt like the content suddenly stopped at around level 19-20. The main quest was ridiculously difficult and you were just repeating the same thing you did last level. The dragon and flying system isn't enough of a redeeming feature unfortunately. Maybe if they polish the game up and add more quests to boost you towards end game it'd be much better but as it is it is a so-so game.

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 9:44AM Critical Mass said

Dragons aren't supposed to have feathers I suspect :)

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 10:07AM Irem said

@Critical Mass
Some do, depending on where they come from. I think it's a cool looking dragon, as dragons go.