Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:34AM (Unverified) said

@KvanCetre
And the last 2 DDE's you bought were for sub based games.

I personally want the art book and the CD. The little in game extras are nice to0, but my main motivation to but the CE is to support the devs. They gave me a great experience I am still enjoying with GW1 and this is a B2P game. In a year that $150 will be about what I spent on a year for a WoW sub which means I can count the CE as being free.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 2:12PM Cyclone Jack said

@MtthwRddl said "It would be lame to pay $20 more and a week into the game lose 3 of the 5 items that came with the Digital Deluxe version."

This would be my only complaint with that pack. It just doesn't seem worth it, unless you just *Really* love mini-pets.

Granted, I'll probably be getting the CE because i want the book and the soundtrack. A bit bummed it isn't the whole soundtrack (I love Soule's 4-disc soundtrack for Skyrim). And with no monthly fee, I don't mind paying a bit extra on a CE. If I think about it at $15/mo, the CE extras pay for themselves in 6 months. :p

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 7:07PM Protoavis said

@MtthwRddl

That's why I'm going standard edition, none of the fluff items except MAYBE the wolf is of interest...but it's not of $20 interest, I'd rather get storage/character slot in the cash shop with that $20 than the fluff....if it had been armor/weapon styles though....

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 12:50AM Eamil said

@Cyclone Jack

FYI, Jeremy Soule sells the game soundtracks he does at directsong.com and all the GW1 soundtracks are there, so I would be very surprised if the full GW2 soundtrack didn't end up there eventually.

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 9:45AM Cyclone Jack said

@Eamil

Yeah, but those are digital. I guess I'm old fashioned and like having the physical disc. It's one of the reasons I ordered the 4-disc soundtrack to Skyrim. :)

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:31AM (Unverified) said

"any three of those will secure you the Hero's Band"

You mean 'any of those three will secure... ' ?

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 10:50AM MasterX25 said

@(Unverified) You get it if you pre purchase any of the editions.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:34AM Ardwulf said

Guys, the website says a pre-order gets you three days headstart. Just sayin'.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:51AM real65rcncom said

@Ardwulf

a WHOLE three days? /snicker

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 5:38PM (Unverified) said

@real65rcncom

A guaranteed three days is better than some amorphous "tiered" early entry. But I guess Anet just has more experience running MMO's than some other game publishers out there and either is confident they can successfully predict/manage server load during pre-play or does not feel the need to artificially create buzz by forcing a stampede to pre-order the game.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:36AM avaloner said

• Half a heart
I have learnt my lesson, never geting a colectors edition of an MMO again no matter how good the game is hyped to be by the markating weazels. Still i'm looking forward to the game thou i'm a little burnt out of generic fantasy setting and GW2 fits that bill. The PVP might keep me around thou and the fact I can play this and keep a sub to another MMO for my "real" MMO fix is definitly a plus.

Some good stuff in the CE thou, not worth the price thou imo.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:43AM (Unverified) said

@avaloner
Your "real" MMO fix? What about GW2 is not a real MMO?

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 10:51AM avaloner said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified) I meant ones that have a sub and are a little more balanced for PVP/PVE. GW2 seems more weighted to PVP (talking long-term play here) From what I see of PVE content in the game your either going to be running the same dungeons over and over, doing the same "dynamic" events over and over etc.

I am in no way saying the game is bad, I think it will be a great PVP game and intend to play it as that. It just wont furfill my PVE needs for long and nor should it have to.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:11AM wahahabuh said

@avaloner imo, those dungeons look a lot more interesting that raids in other MMOs

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:26AM (Unverified) said

@avaloner
I guess I really don't understand. From what you describe of the PvE aspect it sounds just like every other, as you put it "real", MMO.

And how can a game be more balanced for PvP? Balancing for PvE is easy, you just design the AI around class skills. The best setup for a game is to balance around PvP abd then design PvE around that. Not to mention they did a wonderful job in having PvE skills around in GW1.

And considering they kept adding to PvE in GW, I have little doubt that they will do so with GW2 which is much more PvE heavy than the original.

Sounds like you are confusing GW's launch with GW2.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:33AM silver001 said

@avaloner That's just wrong. Guild wars 2 has more PvE content that PvP. WvW is only 4 maps and it contains PvE stuff, structure PvP is only 10 small maps. The PvE content is spread across 25 massive zones.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 11:41AM avaloner said

@silver001 So your saying that PVE will be what makes GW2 succesful, and wont be why people stick around with the game? Ok thats fine I disagree. I think many PVE players will move on to other games while the PVP fans will find much to love.

Time will tell.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 12:05PM Irem said

@avaloner
Considering that most MMOs eventually culminate in players running the same dungeons over and over, and completing the same questlines over and over (without even the benefit of events that cycle and trigger so that different ones are available at different times), that would mean that the vast majority of games out there are heavily weighted toward PvP.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 12:52PM avaloner said

• Half a heart
@Irem Wow my orginal post gets down voted by the GW2 fan boy police. What wasnt I praising the game enough? Or is it because I don't believe its the second coming and just a poilished and probably good MMO? LOL fan boys...

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 1:15PM deffbee said

@avaloner
I dont think you have a clear understanding of GW2's PvE system. Firstly there will be 8 dungeons at launch each with three different paths to be taken in the explorer mode which is basically 32 dungeons. Secondly there are 1500+ dynamic events with event paths that change whether players complete or fail/don't participate in it. So it would be very rare to see the same event over and over especially the Elite Events. Lastly running the same PvE content over and over, be it quests or dungeons appears in your "real" MMOs as well.