Posted: Mar 13th 2012 6:09PM Synthetic said

Reminds me of Streets of Rage. Also, is that a groin hit?

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 10:28AM Lombardus said

@Synthetic

A very painful groin hit.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 6:13PM (Unverified) said

Pre-set characters killed it for me, especially being gender-locked, as well as the "girls are always quick, weak acrobats" fighting game mentality applied. It's more stereotypical than DIKU classes.

This does look promising gameplay-wise, though. Might give it a trial run. I just don't see long-term commitment unless the characters are wildly customizable, both in playstyle and appearance.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 6:30PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

I agree with all you said. I guess the best we can hope is for hair/color changes and different clothes.

I may give it a try because it also interests me, but the gender-lock thing is killing my interest.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 6:57PM AlienFanatic said

On the surface, this title seems to BARELY meet the minimum requirements to be considered a "massively multiplayer" game. It sounds like they took a mix of cues from Street Fighter and Smash Bros. and then tacked on a little bit of leveling. It seems rather unnecessary for the base, and a rather cynical way to create an MMO. MMO is getting as meaningless as "cloud" these days.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 7:16PM (Unverified) said

To sum up, its Rusty Hearts with a kung fu paint job (not a bad thing, but just in the interest of brevity)

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 7:48PM Tizmah said

I though we weren't supposed to talk about Fighter's Club. Hah...That would be a good NDA tagline for the game..

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 8:42PM The Cambo said

I thought the first rule was not to talk about the fight club?!

I have played the Korea's OBT of this game and I can honestly say it's nothing like Rusty Hearts. Both similar looking for the outside, but yet a lot different once you play it. Rusty Hearts have 1 button for your attacks while this game uses a mixture of 2 (high and low blows). In addition, the low and high blocks make things feel similar to the versus type of game.

I am not to sure about the customization but the item mall in the Korea version allows hair change, skin color, clothes dyes, and usual F2P system. Looking forward to playing this when I am taking breaks from Tera.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:37PM corpusc said

any explorable virtual world used in any capacity?

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 9:47PM The Cambo said

@corpusc It's your typical dungeon crawler with the rpg elements but the action is extremely addictive. It reminds me a lot of the classic brawlers like final fight, streets of rage, and double dragon but add all the rpg elements and kick ass combos.

Posted: Mar 14th 2012 3:48PM blackcat7k said

With Super Street Fighter already here and Street Fighter vs Tekken coming out for the PC it may be hard to grab fight fans, but nothing beats free.

Doing the Double Dragon/Final Fight/River City Ransom theme should give them a good niche since it looks like it has a different feel than say Dungeon Fighter.

However, the simple controls I see in various play through sessions point to a easy to a exploit P2W environment for the company.

A shame really, it would be nice to have a decent beat em up similar to Fighting Force on the PC that was focused solely on skill based gameplay.

Posted: Mar 15th 2012 1:32PM The Cambo said

@blackcat7k I really do hope it's not P2W similar to many of the other F2P games out there. After a few more demo runs, it seems to be more complicated than just button mashing. For instance, you can actually counter combos similar to Tekken. That a huge thing for me when it comes to versus type games. I hope

Let's just see how they progress and I hope it really do turns out well. It is quite the niche game and I cannot read Korean.