Posted: Mar 12th 2012 1:30PM Baby Choo Choo said

THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY.

Not many things bother me, both regarding to and not regarding to video games.

The Eve launcher somehow managed to test my patience every time there was more than 1 update.

So thank goodness they're fixing that. Other than that, this particular patch seems to contain a ton of fixes, that aren't that major, but still bothered me nonetheless.

Good on ya, CCP. Keep us the good work...or else. I don't know what the "or else" will be...but know that it's there...

...or else.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 2:08PM Meurik said

• 1 heart
Played Eve a couple of years ago. If CCP ever decided to make it F2P, I -might- consider playing it again. When so much time is spent on skill training (which progresses while offline), I find very little reason to pay for a subscription cost.

On the other hand, if they made "High sec" and "Tier 1" ships/mods a limit for "Free" players, but with the ability to purchase and train skills for any ship/mod, that might tempt some people back to the game.

OT: It's nice that CCP is finally bringing it's game upto 2010s-standard. Now they just need to enable "on demand" patching, so you can enter the game quickly, and patch while playing.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 2:45PM Xilmar said

@Meurik

Will pretend you didn't hint at "free to play", that's a bad can of worms.

I like the way you put it, upgrading the client to 2010 standards in 2012...fair enough, a truth is a truth.

"On demand patching" is another story. Honestly, even though it'll look cool on a press release or whatever, I don't feel it's needed. This year there have been dozens of small updates, but most were DLed, installed and done in under 2-3 minutes. That's really nothing once we don't have to restart the client every *** **** time.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 3:08PM (Unverified) said

@Meurik

well, hopefully I'll never ever see you play Eve again then. The kind of players that will be tempted back with your ideas are exactly the type we don't want, and certainly won't make up for all the ones that will leave the game.

The mere hint of CCP leaning towards MT that might trend towards F2P style items caused enough backlash that forced CCP to lay off 20% of its workforce, wanna guess what will happen if CCP decide to make Eve F2P?

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 3:46PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Hate to agree, but long time Eve players are VERY anti new player. The game does need changes, and long time players actuallly rather the game never become a true success, rather then change (and the game could be)

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 5:11PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

speak for yourself, I certainly am not anti-new player, I try to help those I see whenever possible. What I am against is trying to draw in new players by changing what makes Eve the game it is.

You can keep your pve theme park risk-adverse new players, we don't want them anyway.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 5:11PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

@(Unverified)

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 5:27PM Calfis said

@Lowangel

Theres a stark difference between "success" and selling out on original ideas that put the game on the map as a unique alternative to all the vanilla MMOs out there.

No amount of dollars is worth exposing EvE to the cyclical failure that all the new MMO themeparks inevitably fall to when they try to conform to the masses expectations. EvE is lucky to have a loyal veteran player base, they would be crazy to give up possibly the most loyal (albeit niche) following in the industry.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 11:13PM (Unverified) said

@Meurik

I'm going to agree with everyone else here, we'd rather not have you play than for CCP to destroy the game we all love. You have plenty of choices, CCP already learned in 2011 that EVE has a healthy sub base of people who like the game the way it is for the most part and want more of what it a success in the first place. Same goes to people wanting more Incarna s**t, while I do hope they salvage what a wasted feature it is atm I rather them just make it so there is a common area and not waste much time beyond that. Instead, focus on that whole spaceship thing, it seems to be popular with the 300K+ who play the game religiously.

tl:dr: there are literally hundreds of MMO titles for people like you, we like our game the way it is kthxbai

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 11:23PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

That is a bunch of bull. EVE veterans are in no way, shape or form "anti new players". We love new players, we help them learn the game and even throw them ISK early on for rifters and skillbooks. Groups like GSF and TEST were built from massive recruitment drives of new players. We are just anti stupid players, and lots of veterans are just as stupid as any week old noob. The scams that you might think scare off new players, well most scam contracts are for 500M to the billions which I doubt any new player has.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 2:23PM bobasweat said

Good to hear. Finally

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 2:29PM Artificial said

Patch notes: "The Dual Modal Giga Pulse Laser I has now only one overheat bonus just as it was intended and is now in line with the other lasers of the group. Can still not be fitted on live sharks."

i am disappoint :(

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 5:27PM Pasha said

New launcher?!!! Oh, thank you CCP! It's really important and valuable gameplay addition - as well as whole patch consists of things like "Ctrl+x now work in market interface".

I guess my pledge to not to re-subscribe 3 accounts until they finish walking in stations gameplay will lasts for 3-5 years with updates like Crucible.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 6:28PM smg77 said

@Pasha
Luckily for actual Eve players CCP doesn't listen to people like you. Eve is about spaceships and not playing Dolly Dressup in your station bedroom.

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 8:16PM Lateris said

@smg77 I was really bummed out to see Walking in Stations become a retail store. I personally feel that an avatar game can be matched and integrated into what exists with the space game in sandbox terms, without the micro transaction things we sadly had to go through.

As an Avatar I would much rather be a scientist on a planet exploring the terrain as an avatar scanning a world of unknown than dance on a station. Or craft clothing items that are dependent on space travel, or items mined in space.

Also, what ever happened to the atmospheric flight that was shown at the very first Eve fest in ships? Or “Sec Wars”.

Kudos to this update.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 2:06AM Saerain said

@smg77 ‘Actual EVE players’ were asking to get out of their ships since before the game even launched. Get over yourself.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 2:05AM Saerain said

I'm going to miss the current launcher. It's a whole lot prettier than the more industry-typical new one.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 6:22AM brerrabbit said

I am not a long time gamer like some. I was introduced to EVE 2 years ago and have been playing daily since. I play for the mathamatics of the game mostly. I have tried and failed at PVP and have settled nicely into a solid PVE style play. I have lost countless ships and billions of isk but not a single tear. Nerfing the game and making it cater to the folks who are in it to look good and impress their friends is a mistake. Focus needs to stay turned toward actual play mechanics and less on "what can we sell to account holders". The purely money driven ajenda was getting old quick. I had reduced my accounts from 6 to 3 until I could see some evidence CCP was making the game better and not just more profitable. Perhaps this release it just that. I hope so.

Posted: Mar 13th 2012 8:53AM LeBouc said