Posted: Mar 11th 2012 3:09PM (Unverified) said

Does look pretty cute and fun. The characters remind me of Nendoroids and a Nendoroid-esk MMO would be cool. Their website needs more media though as it is pretty sparse right now. A shame this isn't a Tablet MMO though as I could definitely see myself playing something like this on a tablet.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 3:47PM Cristian Ceo said

@Beau When are you going to stop with the anime games with chars that look like children :D.
Don't get me wrong i LOVE "Rise and Shiny" and found many interesting games through it but i can't stand anime-kids MMOs .

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 4:11PM Beau Hindman said

@Cristian Ceo I'll actually be covering more Anime MMOs as time goes on. After all, the foreign MMOs are about the only ones that are coming in as fast as they are. The indies are either nearly impossible to drag out of their dev caves or I can't find them in the first place. :)

Other than that, I cover everything and have covered everything over the course of the column. I basically respond to the MMOs that either contact me or make themselves known. :) I find a bunch through random searches as well. It's just that so many MMOs do so little to put themselves out there.

Beau

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 4:18PM Joshua Przygocki said

@Cristian Ceo I've gotta agree. I like reading Rise and Shiny, and do enjoy trying new MMOs every once in a while, but I'm not a huge fan on animestuffs. Wakfu is probably the one exception.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 3:55PM Deliverator said

"I tried on all of the outfits that I could"

That statement spawned a drill sergeant in my head that proceeded to scream at Beau. I had to nail my fingers to the wall to keep from letting him out. I'm calm now. But my fingers hurt.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 4:50PM UndergroungJudge said

Looks exactly like a free-to-play game that is already out there with a large community, Eden Eternal. This is straight copied and pasted.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 6:03PM Beau Hindman said

@UndergroungJudge I've played and covered Eden Eternal quite a bit, even given it an award for graphics in one of my columns. Judging a book by its cover is not a good idea in this case! :) They are similar styles, sure, but that hasn't anything to do with gameplay.

Beau

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 7:42PM Hikoro said

@UndergroungJudge Some art assets , UI and sound effects may be used, but straight copy, no.
And if you like Eden Eternal's art style you feel like playing a different game in a familiar setting, like trying out a new flavor in your favorite ice cream shop! :D

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 7:52PM hymns said

@UndergroungJudge You do know it's by the same devstudio, right? Aeria has hosted almost every X-Legend game to date, except this one, which I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out the rights to from Koramgame. They're ALL similiar. Kitsu Saga, Grand Fantasia (which came BEFORE Eden Eternal, so if you want to talk about "copy and pasted" games, it has predecessors that made it on shore before Eden opened last year), Eden Eternal, and Spirit Tales are basically the same basic formula/UI/graphics with tweaks and gimmicks for each game. Like many of Perfect World's games.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:32PM UndergroungJudge said

@Beau Hindman
I will actually give this game a chance, and probably like it. But just from the video, I can see, there is a ton of copy and pasted elements in these games. So, I stand behind my previous statement.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:34PM UndergroungJudge said

@Hikoro
Straight copy, no, maybe a slight exaggeration. I mean everyone can see some things are different. But not many things.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 8:42PM UndergroungJudge said

@hymns
Yeah, I suspected, but I had not looked it up to confirm. I was pretty much sure that was so, without knowing it as fact. Thanks for sharing the info. I like the anime style. My only gripes is all the copy and paste and the real money cash-shops. Meh, between that or advertisements, I would choose the cash-shop..

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 12:18PM Anmaeriel said

@hymns I was about to say the same thing: Perfect World and Jade Dynasty, anyone? Those games have the same graphics, it's pretty damn obvious. Though, they take place in different settings and the gameplay is totally different. I enjoyed both for completely different reasons.

Also, I don't see much rolling landscape in Eden Eternal. =) This looks cute, I look forward to trying Spirit Tales when it gets out.

Posted: Mar 11th 2012 9:12PM Tullie said

Posted: Mar 12th 2012 1:42PM Superman0X said

Spirt Tales (aka Glory Destiny Online) is a great game. However, it is not a game with a strong western market appeal. The features, and gameplay gets lost in the cutesy asian theme, and most players will not stick around long enough to appreciate the game.

This is the same problem that Kitsu Saga had. It is also the reason why Eden Eternal did so well (it built on the strengths of Kitsu Saga, but with a Western appeal). I strongly encourage everyone to check this game out.. but don't be surprised if you find that the game just doesn't have the out of the box appeal that is needed.

Posted: Mar 16th 2012 11:56PM (Unverified) said

it would be great to play this game if Koramgames wasnt such a glitchy website. i have tried multiple times to register an account with this site.

example

ENTER USERNAME
(enters emailname@email.com)

pop-up "used illegal character in username"

(enters emailname as username)

error message "Please use a valid email address as your username"

WTF? arrrrrrrggghh!

and when i try logging in with either a google+ or facebook account...the result is total fail - yes i have a Koramgame account but can i log into the game.. NO! . so i have this pretty client download that i cant even use... did i mention theres no https:// when you link Koramgame.com to your FB or G+ account?

Screw This, i'm playing something else.